Chapter 57

"Guess I'll just go and find that boy with hanafuda earrings." Dokubu mumbled as she began to jump. Dokubu felt herself being pulled back which made her confused. She looked behind her to see you. 'A birthmark?' Dokubu thought as she noticed the mark that appeared on your body.

Dokubu's eyes widened in surprise when she saw you grabbed her leg and pulled her towards you. Your eyes were filled with rage as you aimed your blade towards the demon. Dokubu dodged the attack and sliced off her leg as she moved away from you. You threw away the demon's leg you held as you looked at the demon.

"Lives that has been lost will never come back. Living, breathing creatures do not go the way of demons." you stated as you watched Dokubu regenerate her leg.

"Why do you take them? Why do you trample on people's lives?" you asked. Dokubu's eyes widened as she held her head. 'Those words..... I've heard them before...' Dokubu thought as she saw a figure appear behind you.

'Huh? What? There's two of her?' Dokubu thought as she saw another version of you but with different clothing.

"What's so fun about it? What's so enjoyable? What do you think lives are?" you asked as Dokubu shivered when she felt the cold aura you're emitting.

'No... the female behind the Pillar looks similar but they're different.... I don't know her much... This isn't me. This isn't my memory. It's the cells.' Dokubu thought as she continued to stare at you.

Something inside Dokubu made her flinch in fear, causing her to be confused. 'The memories of Muzan-sama's cells. Strange... why am I feeling scared all of a sudden? I haven't felt this in a while.' Dokubu thought as a smile made its way on her face.

"You were probably human too, once. You must have struggled with pain and suffering and shed tears." you said.

"Pain and suffering? Never heard of them~ I only see them on weak pathetic humans." Dokubu exclaimed as she let out a giggle.

You began to advance to the demon as Dokubu stretched out her arm towards you. "I changed my mind. I'll finish you now." Dokubu said as you saw the giant snake heading towards you.

You disappeared in your tracks and appeared on top of the snake as you sliced off its head. You landed on one of the buildings as you gritted your teeth when you felt a searing pain inside your body.

You heard laughter as you looked up to see Dokubu looking down at you with a smirk. "I see the poison is working~ You see, the daggers you got embedded in you earlier were coated in my blood. My blood is very poisonous, you see~" Dokubu informed as she held a dagger in her hand and licked the sharp edge.

You felt your body numb and your breathing became ragged as the poison coursed through your body. "Ahh~ that pained expression of yours is so adorable~ Just thinking about my blood inside you, spreading through your body, filling your insides with poison. And you're expressing the pain you're having~ I just can't get enough of it~" Dokubu exclaimed with a smile. A blush spread across her cheeks as she hugged herself and shivered in delight.

'Calm down... control your breathing.' you thought to yourself as you felt the ground beneath you start to shake.

"Oh, I forgot to remind you. Asmodeus can't be killed just by slicing off his head. He is able to regenerate and reproduce another copy~" Dokubu stated as you watched the head you cut off grew a body while the body that laid far away grew a new head. 'Seriously?!' you thought as the snakes began to advance towards you on both sides.

You felt something wrap around your waist as something pulled you away from the attack. You felt someone grab your arms as they pulled you to another roof's building. "Hey, you okay?" you heard someone asked as you turned to see Akaza, Daki and Gyuutarou looking at you in worry.