Chapter 8

You heard footsteps approaching as you turned and saw Urokodaki walking towards the boulders you and Tanjiro has sliced in half.

"I had no intention of sending you two to the Final Selection." Urokodaki stated as you stood beside Tanjiro. "I didn't want to see children die anymore. I was sure you wouldn't be able to slice this boulder, but....." Urokodaki trailed off as he faced you and Tanjiro. You were shocked when Urokodaki ruffled both yours and Tanjiro's hair. "Well done, you two! You both are remarkable kids!" He exclaimed as tears formed in your eyes.

You went forward and hugged Urokodaki as you cried. Urokodaki grabbed Tanjiro and made him join the hug. 'Urokodaki-san may be a strict teacher. But he's a caring man.' you thought. "Make sure you both come back from the Final Selection. The three of us will be waiting for you two to return." Urokodaki stated.

"Woah!" you and Tanjiro exclaimed as you watched Urokodaki cook a lot of food. "What's the occasion? There's so much!" you asked as you saw Douma open the door to where you three were. His muzzle was on since Urokodaki threatened him if he removed it, so he only takes it off whenever it's just you two alone or Urokodaki is nowhere in sight.

"Hello Douma-kun--" you let out an oof when Douma tackled you and wrapped his arms around your waist. Tanjiro chuckled at Douma's actions while Urokodaki looked amused. You regained your composure and patted Douma's head that was laying in your lap while he hummed happily.

"You both completed all your training. And you (Y/N), you created and mastered your own Breathing Technique, so we're celebrating. Don't be shy. Eat up." Urokodaki said as he gave Tanjiro his servings and gave you yours. "Douma-kun you don't have to do that, I can feed myself." you reasoned but Douma shook his head and continued to feed you your meal. You were blushing since Urokodaki and Tanjiro are in the same room watching you both interact.

 You were blushing since Urokodaki and Tanjiro are in the same room watching you both interact

'Tanjiro, (Y/N), there's nothing more I can do for you. From here on out, you both will be going through such hardships and strifes. Your training will seem like nothing in comparison. So, for now, at least you two should rest well without a care in the world.' Urokodaki thought as he watched you and Tanjiro eat the meal as he served you two your seconds.

You were cutting Tanjiro's hair while you sat behind him, Douma was behind you braiding and playing with your hair. "Hey (Y/N), Tanjiro...." Urokodaki called out as you stopped what you were doing. "Yes?" you and Tanjiro answered. "Did you both enjoy that hot pot?" Urokodaki asked. "Yes! It was really delicious Urokodaki-san!" "I haven't had such a feast in so long!" were your answers.

"Growing children like you with a hearty appetite should get stronger the more they eat, as well as grow bigger in size." Urokodaki said. 'It's hopeless, no matter how I grow, I'm still gonna be a centimeter short than Tanjiro. And Douma can easily pick me up whenever he wants.' you sulked as you continued to listen. "But that goes for demons, too. Remember this, both of you. Basically, a demon is as strong as the number of humans he's devoured." Urokodaki stated.