Chapter 38

"Are you sure following Kokushibo-san is a good idea? I'm pretty sure he'll get mad, sis."

"But I'm really curious about the girl. What if he's her lover or something? That may be the reason why Kokushibo-san didn't kill her back then."

"Daki, I see Kokushibo-san over there."

"You're right, Gyuutarou-nii. And that girl he's talking too must be her! She's really pretty too!"

The two demons heard rustling sounds around them as they looked around. "What was that, Onii-chan?" The female demon asked. "I don't---!?" the other demon was cut off when threads came out of nowhere and trapped the two demons. "What the?" the demons exclaimed as they felt themselves being pulled towards where Kokushibo is.

You, Douma, and Kokushibo watched Rui pull the threads on his hands as two figures were heading towards your group. "Daki... Gyuutarou..." Kokushibo said as he looked at the two demons, annoyed. "Ah! Kokushibo-san! Nice weather we're having!" The demon girl exclaimed.

She has lime green eyes and her hair was silver with light green ombre. She has a flower-like tattoo on her face. The demon beside her was a boy with unruly black hair that cut sharply off to a brighter green around the crown of his head. He has green and red eyes with a bright orange sclera. The two demons have the kanji 'Upper Moon 6' on their eyes.

"Daki-san, Gyuutarou-san!" Rui exclaimed in shock as he looked at the two. "You know them, Rui?" you asked to which Rui nodded in reply. "Rui!?" The two demons said. "You're alive?! The master declared that you're dead!" the girl, Daki, informed as she looked at Rui with wide eyes. "Put us down, Rui and let's go back and show master that you're okay." The boy, Gyuutarou, added.

You and Douma looked at Rui, waiting for his decision as while he looked down. "I'm....... I'm not going back!" Rui exclaimed, making the two demons shocked. "I'm going to redeem myself and fix the horrible things I did! He may declare that I'm dead but I'll be here helping the Demon Slayers to defeat him!" Rui added.

Kokushibo stepped in front of your group as he looked at the demons. "Why are you two here?" Kokushibo asked. "We wanted to see the slayer girl you were protecting." Gyuutarou answered as he pointed at you. "I told you two that she's none of your business." Kokushibo stated as he looked at them in anger, making them shiver in fear.

"W-wait! We didn't tell anyone about this!" Gyuutarou said. "We just got curious, that's all! That's why we followed you. Plus, she's pretty! No wonder why you wanted to protect her from him!" Daki added.

"Daki, I told you it was a bad idea to snoop in other people's business! Especially Kokushibo-san's." Gyuutarou told Daki. "Wahhh! Why are you yelling at me! You're such a mean brother!" Daki cried out.

"H-hey! Please stop yelling! There are other people inside the mansion that are sleeping. If they wake up and find you guys here, they'll kill you without a second thought." you exclaimed as the two demons stopped bickering and looked at you.

"Why.... are you worried about us? Aren't you a Demon Slayer? You're gonna kill us as well. You have an advantage since we're trapped in Rui's threads." Gyuutarou said. You felt Douma grabbing his fans as you grabbed his hands, stopping him from doing so.

"You said you were following Kokushibo, right? You also saw him talking to me yet you just watched. My blade was taken away from me meaning that I'm defenseless. Yet, you two didn't attacked me from where I stood. I don't see a reason why I should attack you." you explained.

Daki and Gyuutarou stared at you with wide eyes as they looked at the other demons on your side. "Why aren't they killing you then? They're demons as well aren't they?" Daki asked as she pointed at Rui, Douma and Kokushibo.

"(Y/N)-neesan and Douma-san are helping me redeem myself!" Rui exclaimed as he grabbed yours and Douma's hands. "Ara ara~ I wouldn't dare try to hurt my (Y/N)-chan." Douma said. All of you then turned to Kokushibo to hear his answer. Kokushibo glanced at you then turned towards Daki and Gyuutarou.

"She's my imouto. I promised to protect her and I will continue to do it. I will even risk my life just to keep her safe." Kokushibo said. 'They are on her side? She must be special.' Daki and Gyuutarou thought as they looked at you.

"That man you refer to as master won't even care what happens to you. He said that Rui died right? He didn't even bother to see or check on him first. He's only using you like puppets. He'll leave you all to perish once you're dead." Douma said. "It's not too late for the two of you to change. I'll help you both if you want." you added.

"But we took away innocent lives! Why are you willing to help us? You just met us and you already trust us." Daki exclaimed. You let out a gentle smile on your face.

"Trusting you two is my decision,  proving me right is your choice." you answered. Daki and Gyuutarou looked at you in shock. They had a feeling they can trust you and help them make things right if they joined you. "You can remove the threads on them Rui." you said as Rui did as told and let the two down on the ground.

Daki and Gyuutarou landed safely on the ground as they both looked at you. "Are you telling the truth?" Daki asked. "That you're willing to help us change?" Gyuutarou added. "Yes. I will help you two." You replied. "If you want proof. Rui is placed under her care to help him redeem himself." Douma said while Rui nodded.

"I'll fight by your side. I.... feel like I could trust you." Daki said as she held a determined look. "I'll join you as well. If it's to keep my sister safe then I will do it." Gyuutarou stated.

"What's your name?" Daki asked. "I'm (Y/N) (L/N)." you answered. "Then..." Daki and Gyuutarou looked at each other and nodded. "Please take care of us, (Y/N)-sama!" They both yelled and bowed while you wave your hands around.

"Don't yell, there are people sleeping! And please, (Y/N) is fine!" you exclaimed. "Nonsense, you deserve the title! You're like an angel, both pretty and kind!" Daki exclaimed as stars formed in her eyes.

"We have to keep this hidden from him or else he might find out." Kokushibo stated as he looked at you. "We will visit you once we know that he won't be suspicious of us. For now, stay safe." Kokushibo told you as he began to leave.

"(Y/N)-sama! We'll see you soon!" Daki exclaimed as she and Gyuutarou gave you a wave and followed Kokushibo. "That was a surprising encounter." you said.

'I hope Oyakata-sama and the others will be okay with them.' you thought as you shivered when you imagined the disappointment on everyone's faces. "Anyways, what did Kokushibo told you earlier that made you cry, (Y/N)-chan?" Douma asked as he and Rui looked at you in worry. "Hm? I just recalled a memory from my past." you answered.

"Memory? Past?" Rui asked, confused. "Ara ara~ Rui, did you know that (Y/N)-chan was reincarnated from the Sengoku Era?" Douma told Rui. "Woah, really?" Rui asked in shock as sparkles floated around him. "Yup! She's amazing, right? Right?" Douma said as sparkles also appeared around him. Rui then ran towards you and hugged your legs. "That's so cool!" Rui exclaimed.

 "That's so cool!" Rui exclaimed

"I guess it is." you chuckled as you patted Rui's head. You saw the sun beginning to rise as you picked Rui up. "Come on, Rui, Douma-kun. The sun is rising." you stated. "Hai~" Douma replied as he picked you up. You yelped as you held onto Douma's robes while holding Rui in your other hand. Rui let out a laugh as he found himself far higher than before.

"Douma-kun! Hold on a minute!" you said as Douma held you tighter. "Nope! The sun is coming, (Y/N)-chan!" Douma replied as the three of you went back inside the mansion.