Epilogue

○A Few Years Later○

True marriage is more than joining the bonds of marriage of two persons; it is the union of two hearts.

It lives on the love you give each other and never grows old, but thrives on the joy of each new day.

Marriage is love.

May they always be able to talk things over, to confide in each other, to laugh with each other, to enjoy life together, and to share moments of quiet and peace, when the day is done.

May they be blessed with a lifetime of happiness and a home of warmth and understanding.

"Dear friends and family, we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the union of Hakuji and Koyuki in marriage." The priest announced as you noticed the slight trembling of Hakuji's legs.

"In the years they have been together, their love and understanding of each other has grown and matured, and now they have decided to live their lives together as husband and wife." the priest added.

You felt someone intertwined their hands in yours as you looked up to see Douma grinning at you. Douma placed a light kiss on your knuckles, making your face flush red.

Rui, who sat on your lap, fidgeted with his tie as he struggled to fix it back to what it looked like before. You let out a quiet giggle as you helped Rui fix his tie. Rui gave you a thankful grin as he continued to listen to the priest.

"Do you Hakuji, take Koyuki to be your lawfully wedded wife, promising to love and cherish, through joy and sorrow, sickness and health, and whatever challenges you may face, for as long as you both shall live?"

You watched as Hakuji let out a warm smile. "I do." Hakuji stated as he slipped a ring on Koyuki's ring finger.

"Do you Koyuki, take Hakuji, to be your partner in life and sharing your path; equal in love, a mirror for your true self, promising to honor and cherish, through good times and bad, until death do you part?"

"I do." Koyuki replied, looking at Hakuji with eyes full of happiness as she slipped a ring on his ring finger as well.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." the priest announced.

Hakuji gently removed the veil on Koyuki's head as his face began to flush red. Koyuki giggled at Hakuji's reaction.

Hakuji let out a shaky breath as he began to lean down and press his lips against Koyuki's.

You and Douma quickly moved your hands and covered Rui's eyes. "Hey!" Rui exclaimed as he tried to remove your hands that were covering his eyes. You and Douma smiled as the two of you watched the newly wed couple.

"Go get 'em tiger!" Keizo, Koyuki's father, cheered as you all began to clap and cheer at the couple. You noticed Koyuki and Hakuji's faces turning bright red from Keizo's outburst.

Love should have no other desire but to fulfill itself.

But if your love and needs must have desires, let these be your desires: