Chapter 20

"(Y/N), Tanjiro.....you'll protect me, right? You'll protect me, right?" Zenitsu asked as the three of you walked down the hallway of the house.

"Zenitsu, I hate to put you on the spot, but I've got a broken rib from my previous battle." Tanjiro was cut off by Zenitsu. "Then what about (Y/N)?". "I have a broken rib and leg. Both of them aren't fully healed yet." you replied sheepishly.

"What do you mean, broken bones? Don't go breaking any bones on me! If you both got fractures, you two can't possibly protect me! I'm gonna die! What am I gonna do? I'm gonna die now! Gonna die, gonna die!" Zenitsu yelled with panic.

"Broken bones? How could you? I'm a dead man now! 99.9% dead! I'm dead! I'm dead!" Zenitsu added. "There's still that 0.1% that you're not gonna die." you reassured but Zenitsu ignored it as he rolled on the ground while crying in panic.

"Zenitsu, quiet down! You'll be alright!" Tanjiro exclaimed. "Don't sugarcoat it!" Zenitsu yelled. "I'm not! I can tell, all right? Zenitsu, you're--" Tanjiro was cut off when the three of you heard footsteps approaching making Zenitsu yell even more.

The three of you saw the kids running towards you. "You shouldn't be here!" you said. "Mister, we heard scratching sounds from inside that box!" The boy exclaimed as the girl ran towards you. "E-even still, it pains me that you left it behind! I mean, it's more precious to me than my own life!" Tanjiro informed as you patted the girl's head, comforting her.

The house began to shake, shocking all of you as you raised your guard up. The girl went towards near Tanjiro and the boy as she looked more frightened than ever. Zenitsu screamed in fright and ducked, his butt pushing you inside an open door. "Ah sorry! My butt...." Zenitsu said as you all heard a tsuzumi drum. "(Y/N)-san!" Tanjiro called.

'Oh no!' you thought. Your surroundings changed, instead of looking at Tanjiro and the others, you were looking at a door instead. You heard the tsuzumi drum beat again as your surroundings continued to change. The beat stopped as you found yourself in the middle of a hallway.

'It's different again. No. Was I moved around instead, to the beat of that tsuzumi?' you thought as you looked around. You found yourself in a hallway full of different rooms.

You opened one and found it empty. You opened another, it was the same. You kept on opening the doors, hoping to find your way to Tanjiro and the others. You opened a door and found a person. It was a male but his head is that of a boar.

The person slowly turned to look at you as you saw air coming out from its snout. "Demon!" the man yelled as he pointed his swords at you. "No!!" you yelled back and ran away from him.

"Demon! Get back here!" The boar man exclaimed as he ran after you. "I'm not! Leave me alone!" you replied as you continued to run. "Pig assault! Pig assault! Pig assault!" The boar head man chanted as he was now close to you.

"Nyahahahha! I've got you now, demon!" The boar head man laughed as he jumped. He prepared his swords as he aimed it towards you.

The box opened as a foot came out and kicked the boar head man in the stomach. Douma covered his mouth and snickered as he saw the boar head man grunted in pain and fell on the floor as you continued to run, unaware of what was happening behind you.

-----------------

You stopped running when you heard no one behind you as you panted. You looked around and found you were in another hallway with doors, again.

"Douma-kun, you can come out. We lost the others but the good thing is that there is no sunlight here." you exclaimed as you felt the box shifted.

You saw Douma in his normal form again as he grinned at you. "Ara ara~ are you scared, (Y/N)-chan?" Douma teased as you lightly hit him on the arm, making him laugh. "We got split up from the others because Zenitsu-kun pushed me into another room." you told.

"Hm? Who's Zenitsu? Is he the one that kept telling you to marry him and asked to court you?" Douma asked with a dark aura surrounding him. "Hm? Yeah, that was him." You blurted out, not noticing a more darker and murderous aura coming from Douma.

"Don't worry! I politely declined him and told him no." You reassured. Douma's aura began to lessen. "But he is really nice since he shared us the rice cake Tanjiro-kun gave to him." you said. Douma's aura darkened even more as he clenched his fists.

'Grr... I have to confess to her fast or that Zenitsu boy will take her away from me. After this mission of hers, I'll confess.' Douma thought as he felt a small hand grasp his large ones.

"Come on, Douma-kun. Let's go find the others and finish the mission." you exclaimed with a wide smile. "Hai~" Douma replied as the two of you walked around.

"We gotta stay together. If a tsuzumi drum makes a beat and we are far apart, there's a chance the both of us will get separated and get killed." you exclaimed. "Got it! Stay close to (Y/N)-chan, never leave her side~" Douma replied.

"Let's open some of the doors here. They either might be the door outside or the door where everyone is in a room. Hopefully it's not that boar head man again and there aren't any demons." you muttered as you opened a door. "I shouldn't have jinxed it." you mumbled as you saw at least five demons devouring some corpses.

The demons saw you and Douma. "Hey, fellas! There seems to be two people here that went inside the mansion. How about we show them some hospitality?" Demon #1 said as he dashed straight towards you.

You took out your sword and swung it at the demon, slicing of its neck. "Why you!" Demon #2 cursed as he appeared behind you but got its head sliced off instead. "Ara ara~ don't touch her with your filthy hands~" Douma exclaimed with a grin while his fans were dripping with the demon's blood.

"What the? He's a Twelve Kizuki! Why are you protecting a pathetic human!" Demon #3 asked while he and Demon #4 attacked you at the same time. "Ice Breathing. Third form: Wheel of Ice." you exclaimed as you finished them off. You saw Douma defeated Demon #5.

"Why....would you protect that human?" Demon #5 asked Douma as his body turned to ashes, his head remaining. "Eh? That human is the person I'm in love with. I'm willing to do anything just to see her smile again with no care in the world. Since you and your comrades called her pathetic, I think you should all burn in hell~" Douma replied as he poked the demon's eye while it turned to ashes.

"Ne, Douma-kun. What did he say to you?" you asked. "Nothing important, (Y/N)-chan. Come on, let's finish your mission." Douma replied as he gave you a bright smile, making you cover your eyes. 'T-too bright!' you thought as Douma grabbed your hand and pulled you along the hallway.

You and Douma found a horde of demons wandering around the area. You sighed and took a stance, Douma readied his fans. "Shall we dance~?" Douma asked making you giggle. "We shall." you replied as the two of you fought the demons.

Timeskip

You finished the last demon and held your chest. You were covered in bruises and scratches that were bleeding. One of the demons earlier managed to kick you straight at the chest, making your rib fracture again. As you tried to catch your breath, you didn't notice Douma was torturing and killing the demon that kicked you.

"(Y/N)-chan, are you okay? Can you walk?" Douma asked as he looked at you in worry. You nodded and took a step forward but fell onto Douma's chest instead. "I'm sorry I couldn't find a way to help with your pain." Douma said as he wiped away the blood on your face and carefully picked you up. "Let's go find Tanjiro-san. Maybe he can help." Douma suggested as you nodded, too exhausted from all the fighting.

Douma walked around the house looking around to either find a door outside or Tanjiro. "Kiyoshi! Teruko!" You and Douma heard someone yelled.