Chapter 7

"I have nothing more to teach you two." Urokodaki stated.

'A year after Tanjiro and I arrived in Mt. Sagiri, he told us this all of a sudden.'

"The rest are up to the both of you. Whether or not you can improve to the next level. Come with me." Urokodaki exclaimed as he led you and Tanjiro in front of two large boulders.

You stared in awe at the large boulder. "If you two can slice these boulders, I will allow you both to enter the Final Selection." Urokodaki said as you looked at him then back at the boulders. 'Can you even slice a boulder with a sword? If I tried to do it, my sword will snap!' you thought as you looked at the sword on your waist. Urokodaki began to walk away. "Urokodaki-san, please wait!" Tanjiro yelled but Urokodaki kept on walking.

'Urokodaki-san has never taught us again.'

"We could still try, Tanjiro-kun." you said as both of you looked at the boulders with determined looks. You took a stance and prepared your sword. You let out a battle cry as you swung your sword on the boulder. There was a loud 'ting' sound as your body felt the impact of your attack. You quickly looked at your sword and let out a sigh of relief when it didn't snap. You took another stance and swung again.

-----------

Every day, you practiced your forms and created a new breathing technique: the Ice Breathing Technique.

You trained and trained till you perfected the forms you created. Your training was now different than Tanjiro's so you where in a different area in the mountain where it is the most coldest. Your haori was removed and your feet were bare as it touched the ground. You felt the coldness but paid no mind to it as you continued to train.

Of course you weren't alone though. You have Douma cheering on for you as he too joined you in training. The area you two were in was a safe one since no sunlight can reach Douma so he's free to move around. You found out Douma's fans were sharp and it can slice anything like a sword.

Every time you train, you noticed you have amazing flexibility skills. You can do a lot of splits and bend your body in the most scariest ways. Your footsteps weren't making anymore sound whenever you walk or run and it looks like your just gliding on the ground. You continued on training so you can be ready to slice the boulder.

-------------

Six months has passed as you and Tanjiro ran towards the boulders with your swords raised. Douma sat at the sidelines where there was shade as a blanket covered him from the sun. His muzzle was down as he watched the two of you try to slice down the boulders while fanning himself. Douma can see you struggling to slice it down. He wanted to do it for you so you don't have a hard time but you insisted that you wanted to get stronger.

You let go of your sword as it dropped to the ground. Your hands were bleeding and you felt frustrated. Douma saw it and really wanted to comfort you and tell you to rest but your stubbornness would show up and you would tell him that it's fine.

'Not enough! I'm not training hard enough.!'

Tanjiro fell to his knees, trying to catch his breath. "Keep working Tanjiro! You can do it!" Tanjiro cried out as he slammed his forehead to the boulder. You were about to stop him but you refrained yourself from doing so. 'He probably needs to let it all out.' you thought as you looked to the sides to find Douma.

He was waving some banner fans that said, 'You can do it!♡' as a wide smile was plastered on his face. Your face flushed red at his actions while Tanjiro kept screaming and banging his head on the giant rock.