♡ ʜɪꜱ ꜰᴀᴠᴏᴜʀɪᴛᴇ ᴄᴜᴘ ᴏꜰ ᴄᴏꜰꜰᴇᴇ ♡

📌 || BEFORE YOU BEGIN READING: 

This here be my submission for the Obey Me! one shot contest that @MysticLucy is hosting.

it was slightly rushed but i'm glad i got it finished, i just hope it came out decent, at least.

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

The small, golden bell above the front door softly rings for what seems like the umpteenth time today, welcoming yet another hungry customer into the already bustling café. Full to the brim with demons and succubi alike, there's almost no space for any waitresses or waiters to walk around, let alone room for more new customers.

Chatter and murmurs among the crowd fill the entire shop and leave no room for silence. All the tables are either currently being used or getting cleaned up just for another group of people to take it again.

It's absolutely jampacked.

Just a few minutes ago, the end of the line was still trapped within the walls of the café. Now, it stretches out the door and all the way around the corner. Despite clearing table after table, the queue doesn't shrink.

For such a small place, we're actually quite popular, you proudly think to yourself as you prepare a small cup of latte and finish it off with some coffee art. You place it on the saucer then hit the counter bell and pass the order on to another fellow worker.

"(MC)!" someone calls for you.

You wipe the sweat off your brows with the towel that hangs around your neck. "Yeah?"

"We got another coffee order! Here!" they hand you the small slip of paper.

You rip it out of their hands, not out of anger but in a rush. Reading over once, then twice, you put it aside and start on the request, refusing to waste anymore time.

Working with three others in the cramped kitchen makes it a little more stuffier than what you wish, especially with all the baking going on, and your cheeks start turning pink. However, you don't let the heat get to you and continue your work.

"Black coffee? Who in the Devildom still orders that?" one of them asks you when they notice what you're making. They chuck the apple pie into the oven, "Everybody likes the sweet stuff now. Black coffee's one of the lamest things you can order from a café."

You give them a simple shrug as you try to focus. "I don't know, I guess everyone has different tastes," you say in your calmest voice, although you really want to disagree with the demon's statement

After finishing off the "lamest thing in this café", you do what you always do with a complete order and hit the counter bell. But no one comes. You hit it again, with more force this time, but still no one comes. The coffee's going to go cold soon.

"Are the waiters and waitresses doing ok?" you ask the cashier.

The succubus, multitasking, hurriedly puts the money away into the cash register as well as hands back change. "Uh... I think they're all preoccupied at the moment. Is it ok if you just take it yourself?"

"Is that allowed-?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure the manager will be fine with it," she doesn't take her eyes off the cash register and the long line of customers, her hands also still working.

Doing as you're told, you take the service into your own hands and walk out the kitchen and into the flood of people with a delicate and hot cup. It's the perfect magnet for trouble and you prepare yourself for the accident that's bound to happen any time soon.