♡ ꜱʜᴏᴘᴘɪɴɢ ꜱᴘʀᴇᴇ || ᴍᴀᴍᴍᴏɴ ♡

📌 || BEFORE YOU BEGIN READING: 

womp, another one shot. characters are very.... out of character, y'know?? welp, that's very kewl, ain't it?

also, DooPiano is a seriously good piano channel, i cri. credits to them and the artist of the songs 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

"...and most importantly, nothing too expensive. I don't wanna go into-" he shudders. "Don't wanna go into debt."

You slowly zone out as Mammon continues to rant on and on about prices. Your eyes land on so many new stores wherever you turn and you suddenly feel the urge to buy everything that you see, the temptation is too great for you to handle.

 Your eyes land on so many new stores wherever you turn and you suddenly feel the urge to buy everything that you see, the temptation is too great for you to handle

Mammon offered to take you out shopping in the new mall at some point but he kept pushing the date back until you finally stood your ground and reminded him. He felt sorry for making you wait and made a truly unexpected proposal that left his brothers shocked. Lucifer had even thought there was a Mammon imposter.

I can buy anything I want, and he's paying.

"Hey, (MC)! (MC)? Earth to (MC)!"

You snap back into reality only to find Mammon standing with his hands on his hips. He is unable to hold his grumpy face for long and just ends up laughing at you instead.

"I can't stay mad, you look adorable when you're distracted," he ruffles your hair aggressively and makes it end up looking like a bird's nest. You pout in response, in hopes that he would stop but it only makes him laugh more.

He takes you by the hand then begins to drag you around the mall, asking you what sort of products you were looking for and showing you things you will never find in the human world. Browsing through each aisle of different stores, you and Mammon stare in awe at the endless opportunities that Grimm could be wasted on.

Time passes by quickly as both of you find yourself going through clothing stores and previewing a variety of outfits, making stupid poses in front of mirrors and laughing at one another when one of you wear something ridiculous . Your camera roll soon fills up with photos of you and Mammon fooling around.

Deciding on something to buy is harder then you think it is. Mammon had given you a limit of 300 Grimm to spend but not a single Grimm has been used yet. What could I possibly buy? So much to choose from...

"Mammon, what do you think- Mammon?" you turn to where the Avatar of Greed stood not even a second ago but he has vanished into thin air.

Unable to spot him within the large crowd, you pull out your D.D.D and attempt to call him. As your D.D.D vibrates in your hands, you hold it close while silently begging that he'll answer soon.

Being alone in a large mall whilst strangers surround you makes you feel uneasy and uncomfortable. You are being shoved back and forth by people passing by, no one seems to be acknowledging you.

Enough is enough, you finally gather your strength and push past the bustling crowd, conveniently into a jewellery store. Gold, rubies, pearls, silver, all sorts of gems and metals are placed neatly in display cases in the form of necklaces and rings.

"Perfect!" you hear someone say. You know that voice... Mammon!

You see him talking to the cashier as she places a small box into a white paper bag. He gladly takes it and pays for what he has purchased, a little bit hesitant as he swipes his credit card 'Goldie'. As he's about to leave, he stops in his steps when he sees you waiting for him.

"Mammon, you idiot!" you pinch his cheeks. "You left me all alone! In the middle of a mall!!"

"W-W-Wait, I can explain," he hands you the bag and keeps an eye on you as you pull out the box.

A small, fancy, red bow made of velvet sits on the top of it, a decoration that says a lot about how important you are to him. You open the lid to find a necklace? No, a locket, made of gold and shaped like a heart. Your jaw almost hits the floor as you look at Mammon in disbelief. 

He really went out of his way to get this for me? There has to be some sort of catch

"Is there something you want from me? I owe you something, don't I?"

Shaking his head, he takes a step closer to you. A bit flustered, you lean back a little, heart beating faster and faster. You notice that he too was blushing uncontrollably.

"Y'know, I don't usually buy things for people, especially something this expensive. You better be grateful that THE Mammon bought you a gift."

Unable to resist the urge, you peck him on the cheek. He reacts immediately and places a hand on where you had just kissed him. He tries to cover up the fact that he enjoyed it but fails horribly.

Mammon sighs, "Every time I'm around you (MC), I can't help but feel as if I've got all the money in the world, you just make me so happy. All I wanna do is spend more time with you."

You nudge him softly, "Then let's finish off this shopping spree of ours together. But first, can you please put this on me?" you give him the locket.

Turning you around, he then puts the locket on you and smiles widely as he sees you wearing his present to you. You open up the empty locket, it was waiting for you to put a memorable moment in there and you had a few in mind. Nothing to worry about, your camera roll has all the options you could choose from.

"C'mon now. The rest of the day will just be about us!" you say enthusiastically. Mammon cheers in agreement.

Both your fingers interlock tight, making sure you won't lose each other again. And this time, it was your turn to drag him around.