♡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀʀᴋᴇᴛꜱ || ʙᴀʀʙᴀᴛᴏꜱ ♡

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

The monthly markets have arrived to the Devildom streets again, filling the place with a thick bustling crowd as all seek to buy best products and merchandise for the cheapest price. You and Barbatos find yourselves among the mix of people looking for a bargain as you pass the many stalls located on each side of the street.

"Woah, it's busy today. There's so many people here!" you stare into the distance to locate a possible end to the ongoing mob of customers. "Why couldn't we come another time? It's seriously crowded."

Barbatos picks up an exotic fruit from one of the stalls he passes, then chucks it into his grocery bag along with a few more after making sure it's fresh and ripe. "Then all the good products would be sold out. Here in the markets, it's first come, first serve. The earlier we get here, the better," he explains.

You nod understandingly, "Ok. Then, what do you want to buy that's so important for us to come here early?"

The butler turns your way and gives you a smile that he always uses before he hands out a chore. He holds out a long list of groceries and other items, and lets you have a close read of it. "You'll find that both of us will have our hands full today. Of course, I would have done this myself but a simple demon like me can only handle so much, so I had to call for your assistance. As a bonus factor, you make a great companion, (MC), and I have to admit that I'm elated to have you here with me."

You chuckle and shake your head, knowing full well that Barbatos had this all planned out in his head before sending you an invite to join him this weekend. You take out your own mobile device and snap a quick picture of the list, keeping a digital replica for yourself.

"Ok, now I've got myself a copy. Since we're going to be busy, we should probably get started right now. First thing on the list: shadow hog meat, then spicy newt, then hellfire mushrooms..." your eyes scan down the entire list. "Then there's fruits. Oh, and tea leaves? So many tea leaves..."

The butler nods, unfazed by the shocking amount of tea leaves on the shopping list as he considers it the norm. "I have plenty of new tea blends in mind that I hope to practise soon," he provides a simple and quick explanation to your confusion.

"Ooh! When we get home, can I be the first to try one of those blends?" you eagerly request. Barbatos is known for coming up with the most flavourful and innovative creations involving tea, and having the opportunity to be the first to taste one of his newest fusions is something you can't miss.

Unable to reject your appeal, he takes your hand into his own then places the other on his heart. "I promise that you'll be the first," he smiles as he swears an oath, clenching your hand just a little tighter.

The population of people in the markets begin to grow by the second, and those desperate for a good bargain start shoving others past their inconsiderate selves. The volume of voices rise as nobody can hear themselves among the crowd, it eventually becomes too loud for you to even bear.

The butler, still holding your hand tight, tugs you in and closer to him. Covering your ears with his own hands, he shields you from as much noise as possible then brings you both to the side of the street and off the path of the horde.

He shakes his head at the mob, "I predicted that there'd be a bigger crowd than usual this time, but even this is more than what I had expected. (MC), would you still want to continue with our grocery trip today? I understand if you want to head home. Perhaps today isn't a good date to come, we'll organise some other day to meet."

"Wha- No, we're not going home," you remain determined. "I was just a little overwhelmed, but that's nothing to go home on. We'll just power through and get what we can for now. Anything we miss, we can just come back tomorrow."