♡ ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴀɴᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢᴀʀᴅᴇɴꜱ || ʙᴇʟᴘʜᴇɢᴏʀ ♡

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

"Ok, I found this but I'm not sure if this will fit you or not. It's still better than nothing though," Belphegor steps out the attic and closes the doors behind him with a pair of black gardening boots in his hand.

You put on the gumboots as he places them in front of you, stepping into them and trying to adjust to the tight constricting space around your feet by wriggling your toes around so they'd feel comfortable.

He notices your face contorting to show evident indication of displeasure. "Is it that bad? Maybe you can take mine and I'll take yours," he looks down at his own pair. "But if my feet get sore then you'll have to take care of me after, ok?" he tries to bargain.

Although you would much prefer Belphie's boots, you can't bring yourself to put him in the ones you're wearing. "No, keep yours. I think I'll get used to the feeling at some point," you begin to walk, wincing each time from the friction caused between your toes and the lining of the boots.

The Avatar of Sloth doesn't bother to reason with your logic any further, though the expression on his face clearly displays his questioning to why you would want to push through with the aching that you're experiencing.

He grabs the gardening gloves and watering cans that he had set aside from before and trails behind you as you trudge to the front garden of the House of Lamentation with two trowels and a few packets of different flower seeds.

It wasn't too long ago when Belphie had mentioned how much he wanted to have his own flower garden to take care of, it's been his dream ever since he began watching a late night show hosted by a florist. You joined him once, when you were staying over in his room, and the show was enjoyable enough to also convince you to start on a new gardening dream.

You two arrive at the one entrance and exit of the house and take some time to view the front garden so you can visualise where to place the small garden beds. Colour doesn't normally blend in well with the dull exterior of the place so planning how to make the flowers look good in the yard lasts longer than you hoped.

Belphie obviously had thought about the blueprints beforehand as he gives a few suggestions off the top of his head without having to waste time thinking about them. "The roses can fit near the wall by the gate, then we can plant some tulips by the front door. What do you think?"

Given some ideas about where the plants can go, you start picturing the rest of the garden. "Yeah, that can work. I can see it," you nod along. "What about the lilies? Do you think putting them near the tree will be nice?"

"Good thinking," he makes no signs of disagreement. "Then I'll start with the tulips and you can do the lilies. After you're done (MC), come over to me. I want to show you a surprise later," Belphie whispers playfully as he takes off, leaving you to anticipate what the so called surprise will be.

Having been tasked with the lilies first, you split paths with the Avatar of Sloth and head to the single large dead tree that stands in the garden. Its branches cast shadows that appear like multiple hands that are ready to drag any unexpecting victim into the ground and it always scares you to go near it. Contrasting white flowers of purity are bound to change the atmosphere of unwelcoming that the tree holds.

You glance at the seeds in your gloved hands and carefully open them to avoid spilling any. Small black seeds land onto your palm as you tilt the package, and you stare at them for brief moment before taking one up close to your eye for a careful inspection around all its edges.

With a trowel at the ready, you dig a miniature hole that's fit for the seed and drop it in lightly. The soil dug from the small crater becomes of use when the time comes to rebury the seed and all that's left is mound of dirt to mark where you had planted. You gently pat it down and pour faint droplets of water onto your plant with the rusty metal watering can.