♡ ʟᴀᴛᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛꜱ ɪɴ ʜɪꜱ ʀᴏᴏᴍ || ᴅɪᴀᴠᴏʟᴏ ♡

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

"That's it for me," you groan after wiping your plate clean, sounding more in pain than one should be after having just eaten a rather pleasant meal. "I'm too stuffed to go on. I feel like I might die at this point."

With your stomach on the verge of exploding, you let out a sigh as you adjust yourself in your seat in an attempt to find a more comfortable position to sit in. One wrong angle and you might re-see dinner sooner than you think.

Sitting across the table from you, the next heir to the throne comes close to finishing the last of his dinner too, but his relaxed posture in comparison to your own struggling pose suggests that his stomach's definitely holding on stronger than yours.

"We wouldn't want that now, would we?" Diavolo laughs as he leans back in his chair and pats his stomach, still having enough room to move freely instead of being left as stiff as you are. "Barbatos, you've really outdone yourself this time. I'm barely even able to finish my portion tonight," he turns to the butler sitting beside him.

"I might have cooked a little more than originally planned. I apologise for the overpreparation, don't feel obliged to finish everything you see," Barbatos bows his head, apologising sincerely over a miniscule issue.

"There's no need to be sorry, you meant well," the prince eases his butler. "I found dinner to be fulfilling and I'm sure (MC) enjoyed the meal too. In fact, it might be a good thing that you prepared a little extra. Simeon did mention that Solomon's in charge of cooking duty tonight."

You sit upright and push your plate away. Even a mere glance at a crumb is enough to make you feel sick. "That's true. Simeon and Luke will probably appreciate it if you swing by. You could swoop in like a hero and save them from food poisoning."

The butler lifts a finger to his chin, considering the short delivery trip to Purgatory Hall. It doesn't take long for him to come to a decision, especially after the prince's subtle suggestion and your further encouragement.

"Very well, I'll deliver the leftovers," he nods as he prepares to clean up. "Please, allow me to clear the table. I'll have to be on my way shortly if I wish to make it in time."

"Oh, I can help. I might as well go with you, I need to get back home soon otherwise Lucifer's going to be asking questions," you try to rise from your seat, your legs forcing yourself to get up whilst your stomach continues to weigh you down like an anchor.

Still bloated like a balloon full of air, you're unable to stand for more than a few seconds and you find yourselves surrendering to the choice of sitting again right away.

Barbatos chuckles lightly while packing away the food he's chosen to bring over to the angels, "(MC), is something the matter?"

"I'm fine. But, you know what? On second thought, I might just stay here a little longer," you sink into the chair.

"Only a little longer?" Diavolo tilts his head to the side and lets his eyes read your expressions and your worn out body language. "(MC), how would you feel about staying over for the night? Walking all the way home with a full stomach won't do you any good, and we're more than happy to have you here," he invites.

You hate to trouble the prince and the butler anymore than you have. Both had gone out of their way this evening to prepare for dinner with you, and to burden them even further by prolonging your stay just doesn't settle right with you. However, if he is insisting, then it wouldn't hurt to accept the offer Diavolo's put up.

You rub your shoulder as you hesitantly agree, "I mean, if you're both fine with it then I wouldn't mind staying. I'll sleep in the guest room, and-"

"Why the guest room?" Diavolo interjects. "You deserve better treatment than that. As your host, I'm welcoming you to share my room with me tonight, (MC)," he beams warmly.