♡ ᴅᴀʏ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴ ᴏᴛᴀᴋᴜ || ʟᴇᴠɪᴀᴛʜᴀɴ ♡

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

YOU LOSE

A robotic voice reads the words aloud. You groan while Leviathan laughs at his victory and your defeat. It's the 18th time you've lost to him within the span of two hours. You honestly thought you were good at this game but now you're second-guessing yourself.

"Levi, are you cheating? How can you possibly this good?" it's supposed to be a compliment but you don't think you make it sound like one.

"I'm not cheating, (MC)! How can you accuse me of such a thing?! If you want to beat me, you just need more practice," he says. You can tell he's sort of happy that you think his gaming skills are superior to yours.

"Well then, I demand a rematch!" you declare in your boldest voice. For some reason, you feel the need to prove yourself to Levi and losing isn't the way to do it. Although it's not definite that you'll beat him, you still want to give it a go.

Besides, 19th time's the charm, right?

He laughs lightly, "Bold of you to assume you'll win b-but alright then," his thumb hovers over the button, a little shaky. "You sure you still want to play with me? I'm not t-taking up your time?" he waits for your verification. Levi's lack of confidence always gives him self-doubt, even though he has no need to feel that way.

"What do you mean? I'd pick you over my free time any day," you encourage him without making it too obvious that it's what you're trying to do. You also add a sincere smile to cheer him up. His face immediately turns pink and he quickly whips his head around to hide it. His fingers fumble around the controller as he tries to press 'start'.

After choosing your avatars and picking a map, you use the tactic of button mashing to increase your chances of earning first place but it only ends up dragging you further down. Only a miracle can save you now.

 Only a miracle can save you now

YOU LOSE

The taunting words appear on your side of the screen once more. You flop down on your back, heaving a loud, heavy sigh. Levi takes it that you've surrendered, reading the invisible white flag above your head.

Of course I lost, what was I thinking.

The otaku stretches his arms high up in the air and the sound of a cracking bone comes from his back. He doesn't let his arms drop, staying stuck in that position. Growing a hint of concern, you sit back up.

"Levi? You ok there?" you search for a response on his face.

"I-I-... Ow, ow, ow, cramp!" he cries in pain. He let his arms slowly fall, each move so rigid and stiff. You stand behind Levi and take a hold of his weak, cramping limbs. "(M-M-MC)! What are you doing?!"

You guide his arms down to where they should be, making sure you're not going to quickly along the way in case you hurt him. "Sorry, I wanted to help. But if you can do it alone then-."