♡ ᴀ ʙᴀꜱᴋᴇᴛ ᴏꜰ ꜰʀᴜɪᴛꜱ || ꜱɪᴍᴇᴏɴ ♡

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

Eyes scanning through a thick berry bushes that are planted in rows, you spot the biggest berry there is among the shrub and pluck it from its stem before putting it into the woven basket you have in hand, letting it join the other fine berries you've already picked. With a basket half full, you look back to make sure you aren't straying too far from Simeon, and you happen to turn at the right moment to catch him sneaking a bite out of the fruit he had just plucked.

"Simeon," you call as you make your way back to the angel. "What do you think you're doing?" you cock your head to the side.

With his mouth full, he only smiles at you. A few more chews later, then he swallows. Simeon wipes the beads of sweat off his brow, "It's a little hot here, don't you think? I thought a quick snack might be refreshing and help keep me going."

"Yeah, I guess that's understandable," you don't disagree with him, finding the temperature to be a little intolerable yourself.

Despite there being no sun in the Devildom, the summer here always brings about a heat that's much more intense than that of the Human World's. At this time of year, particularly rare plants and flowers of the Devildom appear to bloom, and the realm's fruits and vegetables alike always seem to be at their ripest.

Aware of that information, you thought it'd be a fun idea to come out and do some fruit picking in one of the orchards nearby for the holidays while you still have the chance. Receiving enough encouragement from the many advertisements you saw about the place online, you found it to be the only orchard you wanted to go to for the summer to go picking fruits. To make things all the more exciting, you invited Simeon to the occasion and he happily accepted.

Standing in the heat of the day now, the angel cools himself with a large sun hat that he brought with him before leaving Purgatory Hall earlier today, it's only purpose to serve as a fan. Assuming that he put in a whole lot of effort when fruit picking to appear that worn out, you peek into his basket and expect to find it at least half full. Instead, the contents inside barely reach the minimum of filling it a quarter way through.

"Wow, you've sure outdone yourself out there in the field," you comment jestingly. "You didn't sneak a few more in as snacks, did you?" you laugh.

Simeon joins you with a chuckle, "Maybe I'm guilty of eating another three or four more. I couldn't help myself, the fruits here are really amazing. Sweet and juicy, I could eat them all day."

"Really? I guess all those advertisements weren't lying about this place being the best orchard to buy your fruits from," you place your hands on your hips, standing rather confidently as you take pride in discovering this brand new location that everyone else has yet to know of. "If it's that good then maybe we can bring the whole gang here one day."

"Ooh, that'd be fun," Simeon sounds intrigued by the sheer mention of that idea. "We could even make it a little competition for ourselves. Whoever picks the most fruits, whoever finds the most insects... There'd be so much we could do here. I even hear that there's a tractor tour."

A discussion and plan comes to form as you two dedicate yourselves to organising this future outing. From figuring out everybody else's schedules for the sake of finding a free day to planning out an entire speech in your head to bring up the activity to everyone, you and the angel outline all there is to outline, preparing yourselves to the utmost.

Simeon laughs lightly, "You really do seem keen on having a large number of people here. Is my company not enough? Maybe I'm not as entertaining as I thought."

Your eyes widen, afraid that you've unintentionally hurt his feelings. "No, that's not the reason. I just think it'd be more fun with everyone else because there'd be more energy and small little competitions between friends. I thought you liked the idea of inviting more people here too?"