♡ ʜɪꜱ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇ (ᴘᴛ. ᴏɴᴇ) || ʟᴜᴄɪꜰᴇʀ ♡

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

"(MC), come with me. Now," Lucifer commands you as you cross paths in the hallway. It's a simple and short demand but something about it sends shivers down your spine, though you aren't too sure why. Nonetheless, you obey and follow him.

"This might sound really strange but I need your assistance. Don't think too much of it, I just have more work than usual and I have more coming in so I figured I'd be more efficient if I got some help," he summarises for you.

That explanation doesn't sit well for you. Why did he have to pick on me? You need more answers, "And Barbatos couldn't help? What about Solomon or Simeon?"

"Mind you, Barbatos is busy with Diavolo's needs and the other two you mentioned have their own business in the Purgatory Hall. Why would I go out of my way to bother them?" Lucifer manages to find a loophole to your question.

Your tone sharpens, becoming a little passive aggressive "But you went out of your way to bother me?"

A simple glare from him and you know to keep your mouth shut.

"First of all, you're the first person I came across in the House of Lamentations so I'll have you know that I didn't go out of my way just to find you. Second of all, even if I had come across anyone else in this house I wouldn't ask them for help because they're all imbeciles," his voice gradually gets louder and louder, making it sound like he's scolding you for talking back.

He stops suddenly in front of a dark, wooden door that looks like the entrance of some dungeon, one that you'll be a prisoner in. He pulls out a set of keys and searches through the bunch before he finds the right one.

A long sigh escapes Lucifer's lips, "Listen, I understand if you're suspicious but I trust you more than I trust my brothers."

With the click of the lock and a twist of the knob, the door creaks open and reveals a simple desk and chair with piles of paper stacked on top of each other. That already looks like ten thousand sheets, and that's only what's on the desk. You aren't ready to see if there's anything hidden in his filing cabinets and you don't want to find out.

"I-I uh

"I-I uh... Just realised that I'm kind of busy at the moment. Really wish I could help but-" you hardly get to finish before the Avatar of Pride forces your back against the wall and traps you in his presence as his left arm blocks you from escape. His special 'kabedon' move.

He leans in close to your ear and speaks in a hushed voice, "If you think you can leave by lying to me then you better rethink your decision."

He's so close, you can feel his breath on your neck. The door is right there, only open by a smidge as his foot keeps it from closing entirely.

A bead of sweat trickles down your face, you're too scared to look him in the eye. There's no running, no hiding, all you can do is face him. You should be used to this by now, standing up against these angry demons is your thing, it's something you've endured most of the time during your stay. Yet, for some peculiar reason, you can't bring yourself to do it right now.