♡ ᴛᴏᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀɴᴅʟᴇ ♡

📌 || BEFORE YOU BEGIN READING:

The MC is a male/ trans ftm in this one shot, as requested, so I'd like to apologise in advance for anything that may be badly written as I'm not very experienced. This one shot also intends to feature all the brothers (but mainly Asmo) so that's new too :D

I'd also like to say thank you to the person who requested this. It's something different, fresh and has a few angsty touches. 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

Mind torn into pieces from a long and tiring day, you fall down onto your bed drowsily despite feeling physically alright. You place a hand on your forehead and close your eyes as you try to take a break from all the mental exhaustion building up inside.

Living in a kingdom full of demons that are naturally considered a threat to you doesn't make your life easy like you wish it was, especially not when said demons start to feel bold and pester you when you're alone as one helpless human. It bothers you but you can't say a thing, you aren't dumb enough to endanger yourself just yet.

If it isn't bad enough that you face daily torment out on the streets, once you arrive back at home in the House of Lamentations you still get no rest as family issues between the demon brothers become your problem too. You're always overworking on their troubles that you can barely keep yourself together, let alone handle more.

Every inch of your head throbs from all the gathering stress and you groan aloud as you struggle to rid your mind of every little moment today that caused you to feel so down. You want it to all go away, to just be free of the terrible trials that life continuously throws at you way too often. No matter your whereabouts, may it be the Devildom or the Human World, bad luck always seem to follow you.

It hurts to wake up and see the next day sometimes, but you wish to be optimistic. Maybe that'll improve your moods?

"Whatever. Tomorrow should be better," you sigh and toss your blanket over yourself. It's only late into the afternoon but you don't intend, or want, to do anything else so sleeping away your boredom seems like your most preferred option for now.

A strange and straining pain tightens in your chest as you settle with your plan for the rest of the day, almost suffocating you with its discomfort. Are you kidding me... Why can't I just sleep in peace... Is that too much to ask?

With everything else that happened today, this becomes the final straw that sends you breaking into tears. You're ashamed to find yourself sobbing over something so small but you can't help letting the droplets stream down your cheeks nonetheless.

Today's just been awful and words cannot express how much you hate it all.

"Yo, (MC). You in here?" a familiar voice of Mammon can be heard on the other side of your closed door as he knocks. The Avatar of Greed doesn't wait for a response and bursts in. "Oh, sorry. Didn't hear ya say anythin', but you oughtta' know it's lunch so-"

You can't hide your face quick enough and he spots your sadness in a flash. All you can do is stare blankly at the demon with a miserable, dead eyes.

"Hey, are ya cryin'?" Mammon crouches down beside you. "What's gotten you so down, huh? C'mon, you can say it in front of me."

People asking those questions only ever make it worse, you don't get why they still do it. You remain quiet and turn away from the interrogation, facing the wall rather than Mammon. You want to be alone but he's obviously not taking the hint.

Another voice, belonging to neither you or the other demon in your bedroom, enters and rings through your ears. "Is (MC) asleep? You should stop bothering him then, Mammon. Seriously, give him some peace and quiet," Belphie's soft tone becomes apart of the room.