♡ ʟᴜʟʟᴀʙɪᴇꜱ || ʙᴇʟᴘʜᴇɢᴏʀ ♡

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

Belphegor

'(MC), come to me, quickly.'

It's way past midnight based on what your D.D.D tells you and you had almost fallen asleep. Too bad you only just realise how high your brightness level is thanks to some sudden notification bubble. You grab your device, plucking it from the charger, then roll over to the other side of the bed and begin typing your reply.

(MC)

What's wrong? Did something happen?'

Belphegor

'Hurry, it's urgent. I can't sleep.'

You frown at the disappointing explanation and place a hand on your forehead, slightly frustrated by exaggeration of intensity of the crisis. Having been woken up in the middle of the night, you lack the energy to be able to tolerate with this situation any further and almost ignore his messages completely. Almost.

(MC)

...Is that it? Seriously?? Belphie, this better not be a joke.'

Belphegor

'Why would I be joking? Of course I'm serious about this. Just come quickly, I'll meet you in the attic. Beel's asleep in our room so don't go making too much noise when you walk past.'

Although you really don't want to, you can't help but feel guiltier the longer you stay in bed. I shouldn't be so sympathetic, he woke me up! you try to remind yourself, but you prove unsuccessful in convincing your own conscience. Dragging yourself forcefully out of bed, you mutter under your breath as you leave the comfort of your room.

Tonight feels colder than other nights, probably because you don't usually stay up this late. Your breath appears as fog while you walk down the dark and empty corridors that you're used to seeing as bright and lively. You stifle a yawn while passing through the windows as moonlight glistens and lights your way.

Along the way to the attic, you stop by the kitchen and prepare two cups of warm milk, one for Belphie and the other for yourself. You decide you might as well stay the night with him if you're going to send him to sleep, it'd be too much of a bother just to go back to your room right after. You almost drift asleep while waiting for the microwave timer to finish but as soon as they're done, you add a teaspoon of honey to the drinks for extra sweetness.