♡ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴏꜱᴛ || ᴅɪᴀᴠᴏʟᴏ ♡

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

"Ugh, I'm so tired!" you rub your neck to relieve it of its ache after having spent the past hour with your head hung low, looking at papers that Diavolo had assigned to you.

Your new role as a member of the student council didn't seem like much of a chore to you at first, but it quickly came to your attention that you were only having it easy because the demon prince wanted to warm you up for the load of responsibilities that were soon to come.

One of those responsibilities include taking on the important shifts of staying late, and organising documents and etcetera for meetings that would follow the next morning. Today, that job has been passed into your hands.

You watch as the young prince locks up the doors of the student council room with his back towards you. After twisting the knob multiple times and ensuring that the room's in fact locked, he tucks the ring of keys away into a pocket of his coat.

Whipping around to face you, he offers an empathetic smile and rests a hand on your shoulder, "I can imagine how difficult it must be to handle all that in a day, especially for a new member. Your efforts are appreciated, you've been a great help, (MC)!"

"I didn't do as much compared to you, let's be honest. I don't get how you do it every day," you sigh as you're ready to head home. "I'll do more next time, I promise."

The demon prince subtly chuckles to himself as you make your claim, finding the idea of you sacrificing any more of your time for student council duties hilarious, especially considering how much you're whining about the bare minimum of work now.

The two of you approach the exit of R.A.D and notice that the school grounds remain completely barren, rid of any student alike apart from you and Diavolo. The still and quiet air can be deemed as unsettling if alone, but luckily you have someone else to accompany you for the time being.

"Wow, everybody's so eager to go home, huh? Look at how empty this place is," you scan the area from left to right. "How long did we stay behind for?"

Diavolo glances up at the sky and takes an educated guess as he breathes through his teeth. "I'd say an hour and a bit. Originally, I thought we'd be out of here a little earlier, but I guess things didn't go to plan. My apologies, (MC). The least I can do for keeping you here is escort you home safely."

Although you would've been completely fine with walking home alone, the idea of having a companion for the duration of the journey doesn't seem to be such a bad idea. "Yeah, I guess you could. That'd actually be great," you reveal to him a satisfied grin and lay your head on his shoulder.

The young prince shares with you a delighted expression, "Wonderful. I'll just let Barbatos know that I'll be arriving home later than expected."

Eyes glued to his mobile as he directly messages the butler, Diavolo only lifts his head once you two are off R.A.D's premises. Your long awaited escape from school finally begins and you walk close to Diavolo, fingers brushing against his every step of the way. It doesn't take long for him to understand the cue and he happily takes your hand into his.

The hand holding lasts for only a short while as a faint rustle of leaves from the bush nearby interrupts the moment and you direct your attention to the sudden noise. Surprised, you free yourself from the prince's hold as you recoil. Your eyes meet Diavolo's, alarmed by the abrupt disturbance. "You heard that too, right? You saw it move?" you want to be certain that you aren't delusional.

The demon prince holds a finger up to his lip, requesting silence as he creeps towards the shrub with light and cautious steps. Arm extending, hand reaching out, he prepares for the worst and pulls a branch back, but only to disclose the hiding spot of a rather tiny white puppy whose paw appears to be caught in between two other branches.