☆ ᴠᴀʟᴇɴᴛɪɴᴇꜱ ᴅᴀʏ || 2023 ☆

📌 || BEFORE YOU BEGIN READING:

this is the last official chapter of this book, and what a way to end it on valentine's day! hopefully the spirit of valentine's fills your day with lots of love, may it be from friends, family or partners. 

love you guys so much, you all deserve the best today :)

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

Love is in the Devildom air, and to celebrate the occasion that is Valentine's Day, everyone wants to send you a little Valentine's gift as they each work to make you their own perfect box of homemade chocolates. Well, some of them, at least.

Lucifer - Everything runs smoothly at his station, he's quite organised and knows how to make pretty decent chocolates. He also knows how to decorate them nicely too, so you'll receive quite a beautiful little box from him. However, he's not a big fan of sweet things, so he'll probably make dark chocolates but he might end up making them a bit too bitter for you. As for the box itself, the packaging is nothing too over the top, just a simple black box with a red ribbon wrapping it.

Mammon - He wants to hear you say that his box of chocolates are the best thing you've ever tasted, so he'll put all his effort into making you the best chocolates. He'll ask you beforehand what flavours you like, but he'll try to do it subtly, by sliding the questions into conversation. On the day you get them, you'll know he struggled making his chocolates since they appear quite messy and butchered, but you can tell he put heart into it as he tried to include all the flavours you like.

Leviathan - Watches enough shows to believe that chocolates on Valentine's Day are an essential to form a stronger bond with someone. He's pretty talented as an artist, so he'll decorate his chocolates well - he'll even make them into cute little heart shapes to add to the spirit of the celebration. He's incredibly shy to give his chocolates to you as he's scared that you'll reject him in public, but once you say you like them, he won't stop talking about how much time he spent on them.

Satan - Loves the idea of homemade chocolates as it's more meaningful. Flavours are top notch as he definitely followed instructions from a cookbook, but some chocolates might taste like a blend of other chocolates since he's a bit of a messy baker so some of his batches probably got contaminated along the way. He's quite the romantic so he'll put them into a heart shaped box and he'd like to give you more than just chocolates, so he'll definitely give you flowers and a card too.

Asmodeus - Valentine's Day is his favourite special occasion, right after his own birthday. He wants this day to be as wonderful for you as it is for him, so he'll promise to make you the most perfect box of chocolates you've ever seen the day before. He'll probably go through a mini breakdown at one point during the chocolate making because he's completely focussed on giving you the best. By the end, his chocolates will appear beautiful but the taste has more to be desired.

Beelzebub - By the time you get a box of chocolates from him, either half of it will be missing or you'll just receive an empty box. He apologises for eating your Valentine's chocolates and feels guilty about it, especially since he thought the tradition of trading chocolates on Valentine's Day would be cute and he really wanted to do it. He'll make it up somehow, most likely by buying you some from the convenient store. He'll buy you whichever chocolates you like or pick out.

Belphegor - Originally, he didn't really want to waste any time making chocolates, but after hearing everyone else go ahead with that plan, he didn't want to seem like the only person who doesn't care enough to give you something on Valentine's Day. Surprisingly, he doesn't struggle as much you think he would, mainly because he doesn't try to do anything over the top with presentation or flavour, and he'll hand it to you with ease. He's not shy at all.

Diavolo - He could easily buy you all the chocolates in the realm, but he chooses to make them because he thinks that all the effort makes it mean all the more. He'll ask Barbatos to help when he can, but only to ask about flavour profiles and measurements and such. He doesn't want to bother the butler too much, otherwise the chocolates might as well be Barbatos' gift to you. Presentation wise, he adores the idea of a cute heart container because it suits the love theme.

Barbatos - A master of the kitchen and makes more than just one box. Although he could probably prepare ten or more, he doesn't want to make everyone else's efforts seem any less than his so he'll give you two instead. He also likes variety, so there'll be a mix of white, milk, and dark chocolates inside, plus an assortment of flavours and textures. He has little to no struggles at all, so he'll have plenty of time to make his chocolates all fancy like they belong in a five star restaurant.

Simeon - His skills are second to Barbatos' so he'll get the chocolates done with ease in no time. He likes to keep his chocolates based on the theme of hearts, love and Valentine's, so he'll create heart candies to pair with the chocolates. He might even make some of the chocolates appear like roses, just to make it all the more romantic. He's incredibly excited to give you his Valentine's gift and he hopes to hear that you love it. That alone is enough to make him happy for the occasion.

Solomon - Enjoys adding the element of surprise, so his batch of chocolates will be a hot mess as there are no flavours that compliment one another. He wanted to show you that he knows you well enough to be your Valentine, so he won't even ask you about what flavours you like - he'll just wing it and hope for the best. When you get his box, you'll probably want to avoid eating it, but he wants to see the look on your face when you take a bite. He won't leave until you do.

Luke - Gives you chocolates as a friend, they're more of a 'thank you for looking out for me all this time' gift. He saw everyone else giving you something on this day and he didn't want to be left out, so he joined the tradition. He kind of tries to make each individual chocolate a different design. Instead of hearts, he attempts to make cute animals or colour flowers instead. He mostly works with white and milk chocolate as he prefers its sweetness. He doesn't really enjoy dark chocolate.

Raphael - Being first introduced to the tradition of chocolate trading, he finds it strange that people consider receiving chocolate both moving and heartfelt. It's just a small sweet treat, what could possibly make it so special? Still, he figures that it wouldn't hurt to join this once. He won't actually make any chocolates though, since he considered everything last second, so he'll simply provide you with one of the elegant chocolate boxes you find in fancy chocolatiers instead.

Thirteen - Not exactly the best worker in the kitchen, she seems to be the messy type when making anything. She doesn't want to seem desperate for your attention on Valentine's Day, so she'll keep the fact that she's giving you chocolates discrete. She'll actually put in a whole heap of effort into making the perfect chocolates, but she'll make it seem like nothing on the day she hands them over. They don't look the best, but they're not the worst so it's a bold effort.

Mephistopheles - Plan A was to not give you anything at all for Valentine's, but once he sees Diavolo make something for you, it felt weird of him to not follow in the prince's footsteps. Plan B - he gets you some pricey chocolate instead, along with a bottle of wine to match the Valentine's spirit, but he thinks about what others will think of him giving a Valentine's gift to a human. In the end, he settles with Plan B but he leaves the gift at your door so no one knows it's from him.