♡ ʙʏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜱɪᴅᴇ || ꜱɪᴍᴇᴏɴ ♡

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

"It's not that bad! It's just a cold," you explain as you blow your nose and toss the used tissue into the small dustbin that's already half-filled with a tissue pile. "You're acting as if I have an incurable disease."

Simeon places a hand on your forehead, eyes widening as he feels the burning temperature. "(MC), even if it's just a cold, it can't be taken so lightly," he prepares some medicine and puts them aside for now.

With Lucifer and his brothers gone due to important business regarding the student council, Simeon has been left in charge to care for you and your health. You didn't think it would be all too bad at first, but it never occurred to you that he'd be so concerned about such a simple fever.

"But it's just a cold!" you fail to raise your voice without it sounding hoarse. With your throat refusing to cooperate, you fail to prove your point to the worried angel. You take a sip of water from the glass on the bedside table that he had put down earlier and attempt to clear your throat.

As you do, Simeon pulls the sheets over your knees to shelter them from any chilly air. While you gulp down more water, he gently pats your head. It makes you wonder if he thinks he's actually taking care of Luke instead of you. It would explain why he finds the supervision so necessary.

"Maybe you should try the medicine. It'll help," he gestures at the glass bottle beside you. "I got it from the Human World myself."

To know that he went up to your home realm just to get you the right medicine makes your heart feel warm inside. "Thank you, Simeon. I appreciate it," you smile at him, grateful that he's willing to go that far for you.

You take the medicine and swallow as it as quickly as you can to avoid the horrible aftertaste it normally leaves in your mouth. Too bad it doesn't work as you hoped it would and your face contorts into a weird expression as the bitter yet sweet aroma finally kicks in. Grabbing the glass again, you finish the rest of the water that remained inside it.

Simeon lightly chuckles, amused by your reaction to the medicine

Simeon lightly chuckles, amused by your reaction to the medicine. "Looks like you need a refill on water. I'll be right back," he takes the cup and leaves your room for the time being, but not before giving you one more dreaded piece of advice. "You'll need to take the medicine again, that's what the pharmacists recommend."

Frowning at the news, you flop back down onto the bed and face the ceiling. After that awful taste, you hate the idea of going back to get a second spoonful of it, but you'd hate to disappoint Simeon. Still, you do value your tastebuds.

The open door swings wider as the angel returns, but not only with a fresh glass of water like he said he would bring back. He carries in a tray, with two containers on top of it, as well as the glass and a new box of tissues. Simeon places the tray aside and notices the bottle that has been left untouched since he last left.