☆ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ ʙᴀʀʙᴀᴛᴏꜱ || 2021 ☆

The 'Alfred' of Obey Me, the living time machine of a butler, Barbatos! His birthday is finally here! Eons and eons of serving others, hopefully today's the day he can finally take a break from his duties and properly celebrate this momentous occasion.

Although he may not seem to have much personality at the first glance, he's a seriously loyal, responsible and caring demon deep down. The way he can be considered a parent to Luke just shows that he also has a soft side and it's just adorable. This man deserves more attention, screen time, and love!

May he enjoy the day off and have an unforgettable celebration today. Happy birthday to the greatest pastry chef to ever exist, Barbatos!

BIRTHDAY SNIPPET:

As you approach the busy butler from behind, Barbatos turns around once he sees your reflection in the windows of the guest room that he had just wiped down. "Ah, (MC). Do you need something?" he asks while gathering up his cleaning utensils after finishing his chore.

"Not really. It's actually Diavolo, he said to meet him in the hall. It's something important," you lie. You find it incredibly difficult to hide the sly smile that's beginning to form at the corner of your lips.

"Oh? Then I'd better hurry. Lead the way," Barbatos leaves the equipment behind and follows you as you guide him to where the demon prince is supposed to be. You quicken your pace, excitement fuelling your steps.

Stepping into what appears to be an empty room, the demon tilts his head to the side in bewilderment. "(MC), this is where Diavolo said he'd be, right? So why he isn't here?"

"But I am," the demon prince smiles happily as he emerges from thin air, alongside the brothers and the students from the Purgatory Hall with some of them holding gifts. Barbatos' face remains still with only his eyebrows raised in surprise and for him, that can be considered a load of emotion.

"Happy birthday, Barbatos!" everyone in the room cheers and claps as they pass their presents to him. You take out your gift too and hand him a small box containing a new silver watch.

"Oh, thank you, all of you..." the butler finds himself swarmed.

Simeon and Luke wheel out a food cart with a large cake box sitting on the top, and Luke can't help but have an enthusiastic grin on his face the longer Barbatos stares at it. The younger angel does the honours of unboxing and revealing the familiar looking cake. "Ta-da! Look Barbatos! I followed your recipe and made your signature cake!" he proudly claims.

The birthday demon admires the replica with a light smile. "You did an amazing job, Luke," he praises, then looks at the others. "Thank you all for coming to celebrate, but you didn't have to."

"Nonsense," Diavolo beams, "Your birthday's just as important as anybody else's, so I'm asking that you put a hold on all your duties, and relax and spoil yourself today."

Barbatos nods, "Understood." He takes the plastic kitchen knife and begins to cut the cake into perfectly equal slices for everyone with a grateful look in his eyes. While he gives each person their piece, a wide smile spreads across his face. "I have to admit, I'm beginning to enjoy celebrating my birthday."