☆ ᴄʜʀɪꜱᴛᴍᴀꜱ || 2022 ☆

📌 || BEFORE YOU BEGIN READING:

as the end of the year draws near, merry christmas to you all for the third year! 

hopefully you guys get to spend this time with family and friends, and i wish you all a festive day as you're showered with presents and blessings. stay safe and stay healthy as we wait for a new year to come around.

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

Christmas in the Devildom brings about snow outside, but the gang decide to celebrate the occasion by having a gingerbread house competition inside the comfortable confines of the House of Lamentations instead.

Lucifer - He goes for the simple and generic gingerbread house look, but with two stories instead of the usual one. At first, he considered trying to model his gingerbread house off the House of Lamentations, but he was worried that he'd embarrass himself if he failed to achieve his goal, so he aims for something a little less ambitious. He ends up crafting a perfect house with time left to spare and talks about how it was a breeze. It looks pretty basic, but it tastes pretty good.

Mammon - The man needs to learn how to crawl before he can walk. As much as he wants to attempt a more superior looking gingerbread house, he struggles with building even just a shack. The gingerbread's burnt, his walls keep collapsing, the roofs slide off every now and then, and the decorations are a mess because he can't seem to stop his hands from shaking when he places them. In the end, his gingerbread house doesn't look the best but he's proud of his work.

Leviathan - His gingerbread house is actually quite nice, it's cute and it looks delicious, and there's only some minor mistakes. He probably watched a tutorial when he was making everything, and you can tell he followed the instructions pretty well. He adds his own charm into the mix when decorating, and that's where he goes a little overboard. To make up for the lack of colour, he'll use a ton of bright colourful candies to spice things up and it becomes a sight to behold.

Satan - Wants to try something different with the look of his house so he attempts to build a modern house instead of the usual kind. He puts in a lot of detail where he can and puts together an overall decent looking house. He's not the tidiest person around, so his clothes and face would probably be covered in ingredients that he worked with. He would appreciate some praise about his house and creativity from others so he can rub his achievements in Lucifer's face.

Asmodeus - Focusses entirely on the decorations. His cookie dough and such may be a tad bit too spicy, but he doesn't really care about the taste and all that. He just wants to make his house all cute and pretty, and he does that by coating the walls in pink frosting and covering the roof with peppermint candies. He also makes sure to perfect the front lawn and the garden surrounding his house with more candies and edible flowers. He also adds a bit of edible glitter for 'pizzazz'.

Beelzebub - Barely even has a house to present by the end of things. He spends most of his time eating his ingredients and the candies that were meant to be for decoration, he even almost forgets about making the gingerbread house. He eventually gets back on task, but it's not long before he gets distracted again. If he struggles to build a house, he'll just eat his problems away and give up on building, choosing to enjoy himself instead. All that's left of his work is crumbs.

Belphegor - His gingerbread house is more like a run-down shack. The bake on the gingerbread walls is uneven and he tries to assemble the house while it's still hot so all the frosting just melts, and everything ends up collapsing. He doesn't have the heart to care enough about this activity, so he just gives up on trying to rebuild it and accepts it for the mess it is. Beel would probably eat a few bits and pieces of his gingerbread, and he won't even bother stopping his twin.

Diavolo - He goes around and checks out everyone else's gingerbread houses for some inspiration before he makes his own. He'll decide to try and make a gingerbread castle, because he likes to dream big. Whenever he makes an error, he'll do what he can to fix it, but if he can't then he'll just roll with it and laugh it off. His dream castle doesn't turn out how he thought it would, but it's a pretty good for his first try and he's happy with it. He likes that it's a little imperfect.

Barbatos - Forget just one house, he straight up builds an entire neighbourhood of houses - maybe even a town square - and all the houses have their own little unique twists. As an experienced baker, he knows exactly what to do and how to do it, so he'll have more than enough time to make what he wants. Everyone will probably fawn over his work and shower him with compliments, but he'll brush them off casually and he'll also take his time to admire everyone else's houses.

Simeon - Like Barbatos, he knows how to bake pretty well so he'll manage to successfully do whatever it is he has planned. This time though, he chooses to divert from the gingerbread route and uses chocolate cookies instead because he enjoys the taste better. Since Christmas is all snowy and such, he'll probably make it appear like a log cabin because that's the type of house he associates with snow. He even tries to go a little extra by decorating the house outside and inside.

Solomon - Nothing is right about his gingerbread house. In fact, it looks better suited for the theme of Halloween instead of Christmas. The gingerbread's burnt to a crisp, his icing's all messed up and has a bunch of different colours mixed into it. The candies he uses to decorate are also questionable since they're either really sour or weirdly salty. He offers his house up for tasting, and he genuinely looks so excited to have someone try it as he believes it's one of his best works.

Luke - His gingerbread house is absolutely adorable as he dedicates his work to Purgatory Hall. He even decorates some gingerbread men to look like the Purgatory Hall gang and he'll have them stand outside. He'll also add you in the mix since you hold a special place in his heart. As much as he wants people to share the gingerbread house he made, he also becomes attached to it because of all the effort he put into it, and because it also represents his closest friends.

Raphael - His gingerbread house is the most basic of the bunch since he sticks strictly by the rules when reading the instructions. He doesn't bother trying to add his own twists or anything as he's worried about the risk of ruining what he already has. Although his house looks generic, the taste is bold, but not in a good way. He doesn't hesitate to try Solomon's gingerbread, and even takes inspiration from it for the taste of his own gingerbread, so prepare to be very disgusted.

Thirteen - She's got a huge sweet tooth and she idolises Luke's baking skills, so she'll probably try to discretely observe his every move and learn from him herself by merely watching. She'd be too embarrassed to actually ask the little angel for tips and advice, so she'd rather just learn his techniques herself. It doesn't go great, but it's a decent try. Her gingerbread house is a little uneven and sloping but it's holding together well enough, and her decorating isn't bad either.

Mephistopheles - Praises Diavolo's every action and decision, and barely even focusses on his own gingerbread house. When he does turn his attention back to his work, it's all still just to please the demon prince as he takes his time to perfect every last bit of his house. It's nothing new in design, it looks pretty normal, but it is elevated as he prefers to use the most expensive candies and ingredients when decorating. Overall, it's definitely an impressive, solid effort.