♡ ᴀ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ || ʟᴜᴄɪꜰᴇʀ ♡

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

Eyes fluttering open to thin moonlight seeping through the windows, you awake from your enjoyable slumber and feel a warm hand holding on to your stomach as you lay on your side. Smiling to yourself, you place a hand on Lucifer's and let your fingers intertwine together.

"So you're awake, (MC)?" a light kiss on your nape follows. "I was wondering when I could see those lovely eyes of yours. Look at me, please."

Fulfilling his wish, you turn to face him and smile. "Morning, did you sleep ok?" you ask him as he cups your face his hands and delivers yet another gentle kiss on your forehead this time.

"I slept well, because I had you by my side," Lucifer pulls you in closer as nestles his face deeper into the crook of your neck, acting almost as greedy as Mammon himself. "How about you?"

A little more awake than before, you muster enough energy to sit up and get the day started as you stretch out wide. You run your hands through your hair to try slip through any knots and to avoid looking like a morning mess. You look around the bedroom and memories of last night come flooding back.

"I slept well too," you answer. "It's comfortable being next to you."

Your response is enough to satisfy him and you finally get out the bed. Feet touching the cold floorboards, you move swiftly to the door and reach for the knob before a hand stops you from leaving.

Lucifer picks you up then carries you back to the bed and has you sitting on his lap. "(MC), my dear, where do you think you're going?" he whispers with his lips so close to your ears that his voice sends ripples through your body. "Don't you remember what day it is?"

You nod. Of course I remember.

Today marks the one year anniversary of the day that you and the Avatar of Pride had begun dating. You two had talked about it last night before you fell asleep and you can vividly recite the discussion about the occasion and how you planned on celebrating.

To prove that your memory's still trustworthy, you retell the events from the night before and explain why you need to leave for only a few minutes. "I didn't forget, don't worry. I just had to go to my room to get some clothes. You know, to change?"

"Alright then. Be quick. I'll wait for you at the front door," he lets you go as he too takes a towel and follows you out the room to head to the showers.

You don't want to keep him waiting for too long so you do your best to speed up your early morning routine and have everything prepared as quickly as you can manage. Knowing what you two will be doing today, you pick the most suitable outfit for the event and smile once you see your reflection in the mirror. It doesn't look all too bad.

With everything ready, you quicken your pace down the stairs and head straight for the main entrance before anyone else in the House of Lamentations can question your fancy outwear for today. Thanks to your luck though, you run directly into Asmodeus who's dressed in his robes with a bathroom towel wrapping around his head.

His eyes widen as he notices the outfit immediately, the exact opposite of what you wished. He then realises what's happening once his expressions no longer show surprise, "Oh, I see what this is! (MC), you've got a date with Lucifer, haven't you?"

You hold your finger against your lips, silently telling him to keep quiet. "Yes, I do. Please don't tell anyone, Asmo. You know what everyone's like when it comes to these sort of things," you try to negotiate.

"My lips are sealed, but do share what you're going to do today," he leans in closer to hear more.

Before anything can leave your mouth, a simple clear of a throat gets Asmo to turn around quickly and stop asking any more questions as he spies his eldest brother standing near the end of the flight of stairs. With a tapping foot and folded arms, he seems cross with what he walked into.