♡ ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ♡

📌 || BEFORE YOU BEGIN READING:

this request was made back in april so i'm sorry for the months worth of waiting to who requested this. also, this is the first ever bigender reader request i've gotten, so i'll be alternating between he/she pronouns for MC.

also like to add that this one shot includes both beel and simeon.

in quick summary, this one shot kinda deals with lgbtphobic parents who aren't able to accept MC, who's a part of the lgbt community, so if this is uncomfortable for you then you should probably skip it. things gets better in the end though with both beel and simeon by MC's side.

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

"(MC), we need to talk."

Those were the dreaded words you last heard from your parents before they hung up on you during your phone call just last night. The conversation continued late into the night, and it couldn't have gone any worse. Especially since they insisted for a face-to-face visit from you as soon as possible.

You hated the thought of it, the thought of meeting them. But you knew you had to.

Not too far from the front door of their home in the Human World, you take in a couple of breaths as you can only think of the worst possible scenarios that are going to inevitably happen. Criticism, insults, lectures about their disappointment in who you've become, you have to be prepared for it all.

Your parents have never been entirely supportive of who you are as a person, and recently regarding your gender identity, which you introduced to them over the phone call. That deeply fragmented the already splintering relationship you had with each other. Getting away from them when you arrived in the Devildom was one of the best things that happened to you, and that remains to this day.

While you pace back and forth in nervousness, Beel bites at his own fingernails to match the ever increasing anxiety you're experiencing. Simeon's eyes follow your tense movements, watching you grow more and more afraid before he steps in to stop you from overthinking any further.

Both the Avatar of Gluttony and angel had volunteered to accompany you on the visit once they heard of the issues you're facing with family, promising to interfere when any moment becomes too harsh or too uncomfortable to go on.

Fulfilling his oath, Simeon holds you in a grip as his hand finds its way onto your shoulder. "(MC), I know this is a difficult time for you but it's best that you stay calm. Maybe your parents have changed, maybe that's why they'd like to see you again," he puts forward a suggestion that's much more preferable than what you are expecting.

To that, you shake your head as you sweat bullets. Although you appreciate the optimism, you need to face reality. You've never chalked your visit up to that possibility, and there's a good reason for it. "No, they wouldn't. They're too... stuck in their ways to ever change. They're stubborn people, Simeon."

"You have to give everyone a chance," he persists in trying to find the good in everything and encourages you to give your family members the benefit of the doubt. "They may have never given you one, but you're better than them."

"That's easy for you to say," you have trouble meeting Simeon's eyes. "You didn't live with them. You don't know what they're like."

The sixth born glances at the two of you as you both have conflicting views on what tonight's outcome may be. "(MC) has known her parents for a long time so she probably knows them best. But Simeon's right too, they might've missed you while you were away and maybe now they want to make it up to you."