Chapter 48

Chapter 48

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Is Michael messing with me right now?

I really hope he is.

Mike brought Adiline into the living room and cleared his throat getting everyone's attention. The movie was paused and soon everyone was mirroring my expression of disbelief and slight horror.

I was able to pull myself together enough to stand up, walk over to Michael, grab his arm, and forcefully yank him out of the room.

"Would you just excuse us for just a moment?" I say and plaster the fakest smile on before we dissappear around the corner.

"Are you kidding me right now?!" I whisper-yell at him.

"What's wrong?" His fake innocence is so blatantly obvious I want to laugh.

"Don't 'what' me Clifford! Why her? You know who she is and you know what she did!" I hiss with hate dripping from every word.

"She feels bad for what she did Nik, she really does! An-"

"That is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard!"

"C'mon, just give her a chance, she really has changed!" He really was pushing this. How could he be so blind?

"She hasn't changed Michael! The only she has changed is you! Her twisted mind has gotten you to believe her story! She is just like Kendra! Why can't you see that?" I felt like I was talking to a wall his face was so hard.

"You are the one with the twisted mind Nik. I mean who wouldn't give someone they used to call their best friend a second chance? She slipped up. Everyone does." He ripped his arm from my grip before stalking to the front door. He grabbed Adi's hand and pulled her with him. But before I lost sight of them she gave me the most wicked grin, her eyes full of deceit.

Any little hope I had that she was actually sorry vanished.

She hadn't changed. Not a bit.

She is going to hell and God knows she will bringing Michael down with her.

--

After that I couldn't go back to the movies. I went up to my room still in partial shock of what just went down.

I so hoped everything would be fine from here on out. Smooth sailing, if you will.

But no, Kendra and her gang had to come back and screw it up. They really wanted to make my last year in high school absolute shit didn't they.

Well there isn't much I can really do, now can I?

My only advantage is that I have Luke, which I what she really wants anyway. I just have to keep him from her and I'll be just fine.

Of course that is easier said than done. She is one persistent prick. And she wants what she wants. No matter who she has to run over for to get it.

"Nik? You okay?" Luke's voice traveled through the door.

"Yeah I'm fine." He was silent for a moment, "you can come in."

"Oh yeah." He entered. Such an awkward human. But it was adorable. "So what did you say that make Mikey that pissed?"

"Well, there is no surprise that Adi is still working with the devil herself, but he refuses to see that."

"Well love is blind." He said. "Not saying that he loves her but ya know of he likes some one then, ya know, they just seem like perfect and stuff and yeah I don't think he loves her just maybe likes a lot or something. I don't know." He starts to trail off and glances up at me.

"Yeah I got what you meant." I chuckle slightly, he gives me a sheepish grin. "C'mere." I said seriously and motioned him up to the head of the bed I was sitting against. His eyes narrow in confusion but he hesitantly follows my orders, crawling up the bed towards me. "I just wanna cuddle Lucas!"

He shakes his head and laughs slightly.

"What?"

"Oh nothing, your just adorable." He grins at me.

Later, we here the front door open and close, signaling everyone else's departure. And now I am actually kinda glad I live alone, so there is no one to tell Luke to leave.

I wanted him to stay, and stay he did.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sorry this is kinda short....

I think I am reading fanfictions to the point where it is unhealthy.

Thanks for all ya'lls votes and comments, it's cool to know ya care ;)

♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡

I love you all have a great Valentines Day! ♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡

xx

Noelle