Chapter 21

Chapter 21

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I went home that day, having already cried all I could. They really were gone. I couldn't be anymore sad. I couldn't be more.....

Empty

I got home and walked straight up to my room, not bothering to return my mother's greeting.

What makes this worse is that tomorrow I have to go school. Without them.

Maybe I try to make a friend in Rachel. She seems cool, I guess.

I just sat on my bed for the rest of the night.

--

I must've fallen asleep sometime because I woke up to my alarm buzzing.

I have to get up? Must I?

I pull on a sweatshirt and some navy blue jeans, which are by the way the most comfortable jeans ever, and slip in my black and white toms. All I do for makeup is mascara. I don't have the energy for anything else.

I pick up my backpack and head out the door,  skipping breakfast, not that I'm hungry anyway.

As soon as I step is school queen herself waltzes up to me.

"Where's your boyfriend? Did he dump you already?" She does a little fake pout with a sarcastic tone that is somehow higher than her already squeaky voice.

"One, he isn't my boyfriend and two, he is touring."

"He's what?" She asks, now curious. The guys (especially Luke) haven't really been very vocal about their band so hardly anyone from school knew about them.

"Just, never mind." Bringing it up might make me cry. I begin to walk away but Kendra says

"Hey! You don't walk away from me." I just snort at her pathetic attempt to sound commanding.

"I'm sorry your highness. My deepest apologies. " I did a little bow and then walked off. Kendra was too taken aback to do anything else.

I am taking things out of my locker in between 2nd and 3rd period when I feel a body beside me. I assume its Kendra again so I groan and look over, but its Rachel.

"Oh, sorry, I thought that you were someone else."

"Like Kendra? Like the entire school heard about it."

I laugh a little. "Oh really?"

"Yeah, I think you have got yourself a bit of a reputation going."

"You mean a reputation of not caring about rude pricks who live to make others feel bad?"

"Well yeah, and also trashing them, and then leaving them speechless."

"Okay, whatever." I say

"Uh, where is Luke?" She innocently asked.

"They left for tour, and won't be back 'til October." I barely whisper.

"Oh are they the new opening for One Direction? I tried to get tickets but they're ridiculously expensive."

I just nod in response, not trusting my voice. I feel a tear roll down my cheek and quickly wipe it away hoping Rachel didn't see, but she did.

"Aw, babe, what's wrong?"

"Almost 6 months. That's how long. Their last tour was a month. One. I barely coped with that. Now I have to wait 6. I can't do it." I choked out, able to hold back the wall of water blurring my vision, threatening to overflow.

"Well your gonna have too," she muttered and I gave her a death glare after I regained clarity, "Hey I bet they are missing you just as you are them." I can't think of how to respond so I just shrug and we head to class.

{Luke's POV}

"Will you stop acting so sad all the time? You'll see Nikki before ya know it." Cal groans.

"Why couldn't she have come with us?" I whine.

"One, you didn't ask her. Two, she has school. So stop complaining and deal." Mikey pipes in, " We have to go now, sound check."

I roll my eyes and groan quietly before getting up.

We finish the sound check and as we get back to the dressing room I see a few texts from Nik. a huge grin spreads across my face and I reply immediately. We talk until show time. I wish I could talk to her forever.

This is gonna be a long 6 months...

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Is it weird that I think that frying peppers smell really good?

Pringles should be a essential nutrient.

So... thanks guys again for everything you do from voting to leaving comments. ♥♥

xx

Noellei