Chapter 42

Chapter 42

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Ow ow ow

Why does my head hurt so much? The ringing in my ears makes it worse.

Why is it so hard to brethe?

Blinding. Light.

Everything is so white.

Beep.. Beep.. Beep.. Beep..

I look towards the noise, and through my blurred vision I make out appears to be a heart monitor.

Ugh, in a hospital, again? Hospital. Again. Memory?

Yeah, Becky is in jail and she can't get to me now. Thank god.

The door swings open and a middle-aged woman walks in.

"Hello I am Dr. Houston" she greets then looks down at her clipboard, "How are you feeling Ms. Crawley?"

"My head really hurts, I can brethe easily and I'm feeling a bit dizzy."

"Okay, do you remember how you got here?"

"I was in a car accident? But I blacked out before the paramedics came."

"Okaay, so you have no memeory loss, so that is a good sign. You do, however, have four dislocated ribs and your ankle and shoulder got twisted funny so they will be sore. Here is something for your headache." She hands me a couple pills.

"How come I can't fell all the pain?"

"Your body is so full of morphine that you cant feel the dislocated bones."

"Wow morphine is fantastic." She laughs slightly

"Get some rest and the dizziness will go away soon." She turns and starts to leave.

"Wait." I say and she turns back around, "my... mom. She was there too. How is she?" She again looks at the papers in front of her.

"She has yet to wake up, but she should soon." She gives me one more smile before leaving the room.  There was something behind that smile, something she wasn't telling me.

---

Why do they make hospital light so bright?

I woke up again and was greeted with Blinding light, again.

The dizziness is gone. That's good. I sit up and nearly have a heart attack when I see someone sitting in a chair across from my bed.

Luke. I smile when I see him, but who wouldn't smile when they see him? He was looking down at his phone so he didn't see me.

"Luke?" He head snapped up and when he saw me a huge smile decorated his perfect face. He got up and quickly crossed the small space, hugged me and then kissed me.

"Thank God you are okay. I was so scared." I replied by pulling him back down to my lips and on to the hospital bed. We disconnected and he laid beside me, pulling me to his chest.

Even though I just woke up, I fell back into a deep sleep while listening to the beat of Luke's heart beside me.

---

Today I am getting released from the hospital and I am really happy. Mom hasn't woken up. Its only been a few days but I am still worried. I have asked Dr. Houston about it several times and all she has given me were vague answers.

I stand by her bed looking at her peaceful face. I can feel tears filling my eyes, I don't care. What if she doesn't wake up? She looks pretty bad, with bandages and scrapes. I know I shouldn't think that way, but I can't help it.

My thoughts were interrupted when the door opened. Through entered just about the last person I expected: dad.

"Hey," I say with my eyebrows slightly knitted "what are you doing here?"

"Coming to see my wife, and my beautiful daughter." He said then kissed my forehead. I continued my questioning stare until he explained further.

"Just because your mom wanted to get a divorce, doesn't mean I still don't love her dearly." He looked into my eyes and I could see that he did still love her, no matter what her feelings are.

Beepbeepbeepbeepbeep

The heart monitor starts to go off the charts, and hospital staff rush in and we get pushed out of the way. My mom starts to violently shake and I start sobbing.

Beeeeeeeeeeeee

The heart monitor goes dead and I let out a gut - wrenching scream.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

¡-¡

So I have realized how many typos I have in this story and it's sad. And this chapter is also kinda short. Hehe... sorry

xx

Noelle