Chapter 19

Chapter 19

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After I sent the text I looked across the room where Luke was sitting. He pulled his phone out and looked over at me. He then replied

L: Hi

N: I'm sorry

L: you shouldn't be

N: but I ignored you

L: but I think I kinda deserved it.

I smiled and lightly chuckled at the text. I took a minute to reply, unsure where to go next. Maybe the truth?

N: I missed you Luke

L: yeah, I missed you too

We again made eye contact.

L: so much

Then Luke hurriedly got up and left the cafeteria. I got up to follow him and see where he was going. I see him far down the hall and I have to run to catch up

"Luke!" I shout trying to get his attention and make him stop.

He turns around and I jump and wrap my arms around his neck. He seems stunned for a second but then hugs me back, burying his face in my neck.

I feel something wet on my shoulder and realize that he had been crying. That only made me feel worse.

But now I have him back and everything is alright.

Luke's POV

When Nikki hugged me I felt my world shatter. But in a good way. My walls felt as if they were collapsing and a huge weight had been lifted off my chest and I could finally breathe.

It was amazing.

She is amazing.

And I love her.

We stood there for a few moments, I didn't want to let her go. I want to hold her forever.

"Hey," I say pulling back a little,"ya wanna leave?" She gives me a confused look. "Like, school." I explain.

"Yes." Is all she says as she leads me to her car parked out front.

"Where are we going?" I ask

"Pizza. I am starving, and by the way you look, you are too."

She was right. I was just never hungry before. Without her I felt empty. Its strange to think that a complete stranger from another country could mean so much too me.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." Nikki says. I must've been staring, its not like I try, she is just so beautiful. Then she laughs slightly at her own comment.

We pull up to this small pizzeria and get out. We sit outside since its a nice day and order.

We have to get half cheese and half pepperoni because Nikki doesn't like pepperoni.

"How can you not like pepperoni?"

"I don't know. But it's like the only thing I wont eat on pizza. Like I even like cold pepperoni." She replies

"That's just weird."

"Yeah I know." She paused, " So how's the band been going?"

"Uh good, I guess. We haven't really practiced in a while. But a lot has been going on. But we are still together as far as I know."

"That's nice. You guys are really good."

I felt myself blush. "Thanks" I mumble.

The pizza comes and we start eating. Nikki was right. I am starving.

"What do ya wanna do now? My mom is still at my house but she'll be leaving in about an hour," She asks.

"We could go get ice cream?"

How can you still be hungry? You ate over half a pizza!" She laughed.

"Well I would've eaten the entire thing if you weren't here," I playfully mumbled.

"Well then I'll just leave." She pushes out her chair.

"No-" I start saying but she cuts me off.

"I'm kidding, calm down!" She laughs again.

The rest of the day we just messed around and eventually got back to Nikki's house and watched several movies. And before we knew it, we heard the front door open, signaling that Mrs. Crawley had come home.

"Oh no." I whispered

Nikki quickly turned off the TV. "Shh, as long as the lights are off and there is no sound she won't come in."

The footsteps get closer and closer. The slow down and stopped in front of the door.

Although I was freaking out inside Nikki looked completely calm. Like she had done this a thousand times.

The footsteps continued down the hall and I let out a breath when I heard another door lightly close.

"You looked so scared."

"That would be because I am."

"I'm tired, ya wanna just stay here? I still have" she yawns, "your clothes from when we were in the pool. So you can wear those tomorrow." She is already drifting off.

"Ok, I will"

She hums a response finally falling asleep.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR OVER 1K READS!! THIS IS GREAT!!!

I LOVE YOU GUISE!!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

XX

Noelle