Chapter 59

Chapter 59

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Nikki's POV

"So...." Connor began but trailed off. His eyebrows furrowed together contemplating what to say. His face relaxed and he sighed before he continued, "Okay, well, what do you wanna do?"

"Uh, I'm sorry but I don't know. Were you doing anything before I called? I'm sorry this was so sudden."

"Oh no its fine, I was on my way home from shopping anyway." He paused before cautiously asking, "What happened?"

"What'd ya mean?"

"C'mon Nikki, you may be able to fool some people, but not me. And besides, no one's eyes are naturally that red."

"Maybe I'm an alien." He chuckles softly at that.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." I stay silent for a moment and we pull into a parking spot of an apartment complex. Connor was about to open his door when I softly said.

"I broke up with my boyfriend." He stopped and then leaned back in his seat a slightly confused look adorning his features.

"Wait, but if you broke it off with him, why we're you crying?" He looks over at me while I reply.

"Just because I ended it doesn't mean I am happy with it. In fact, I'm about polar opposite."

"Oh... There is ice cream upstairs if you want some. Let's go." I follow him out of his car and help him with the billion and a half bags he has. "Sorry, I'm a bit of a shopaholic."

"No Shit." I mutter so he doesn't hear me. A little louder I reply, "Yeah I am too."

Connor is able to make it up the 4 flights of stairs with out a problem. I manage to get up the stairs, just with a little huffing and puffing. I really should go jogging or something. He is standing by the door waiting for me.

"Like the stairs?" He smiles.

"Just open the God damn door so I can put these huge as bags down already." I say and he just laughs as he leads the way into the apartment.

"Troye we have a guest!" Connor shouts into the apartment.

"You have a roommate?"

"Boyfriend actually," What. "That's the reason I'm even in Australia visiting. I live in California."

"Oh okay, that's cool." My mind is still processing the word 'boyfriend', so my words more likely came out as a string of indecipherable word vomit.

Any embarrassment that I might've had was saved by a tall, lanky, dark haired Australian.

"Hello," he says and rifles through the cupboard. "I'm Troye."

"Nikki."

"You didn't buy her at the store did you, Connor?" He jokes and pulled out the bigger jar of Nutella I have seen.

"No of course not. I met her a little bit ago and she just called me and wanted to hang out."

"Okay cool. I'll be upstairs." He follows through by walking up to the next level.

"Ok, we have neapolitan, cookie dough, and mint chocolate chip." Connor says and walks to the freezer to get the ice cream.

"I'll take mint chocolate chip. Who even eats neapolitan?"

"You may think it's stupid, but it has three different flavors in one gallon. So you can have some of each so you don't have to choose one. It's actually pretty smart."

"Huh. I have never ever thought of it like that."

"Yeah most people don't. We have Netflix too! What do you wanna watch?"

--

School resumes in a week. Whyyyy

The rest of yesterday evening was fun. Connor and I just sat and ate ice cream while watching Netflix until I had to go home.

"NICOLA ANN CRAWLEY WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?!?" Rachel yells into my house after she let's herself in with the key I gave her.

"What do you mean?" I yell back from the kitchen where I am making myself breakfast.

"What do I mean?!? You broke up with Luke! What were you thinking?!"

"He said that I was getting in the way of his happiness. So I left so then he could be happy." I say calmly, not looking up at the girl who I'm sure is giving the the death-glare.

"You and I both know that's complete crap! He couldn't be happier when he is with you. How can you not see that?"

"If you came here to try to have me get back with him then you might as well leave." I glance at the and yep! There are daggers shooting from her eyes.

"No." She says firmly.

"Yes." I shot back mirroring her stern expression, "He practically asked me to break it off, I was just following suit." My voice breaks off at the end as my eyes begin to fill once again.

"He never said that."

"And how are you supposed to know! You weren't even there!"

"Yeah but Luke told Cal what happened and he told me."

"He said his side. And now you won't even listen to me! All you want to do is fight me on this! Do you think I am happy with all of this? No! But he has something that makes him happy, and that's all I want for him. You say it isn't true, but then why would he say it. Because he is angry? But isn't that when people tend to say what is really on their mind?" My voice gets so quiet by the end that I'm not even sure if I heard myself.

I wish everything could go back to the way it was.

But that won't happen.

The ties are broken, I've dug myself to deep, and now I'm going to have to fight my way out, struggle to repair the broken strings.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This is late, but longer? (Rly rly sorry)

So after thinking long and hard about what I'm going to do about what the future of this book is, I have come to the conclusion that I have no idea what I want to do so I'm just gonna see where it goes!

I know that's not the answer you wanted, but I have tried planning before and it just mostly gets ruined because I end up doing something completely different.

Okay. Cool. So again, sorry this was so late.

You people are awesome thanks for everything!

xx
Noelle