Chapter 5

Chapter 5

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I woke up and heard a strange beeping noise. It wasnt my alarm. I opened my eyes. Where am I? Then it all came flooding back.

Max.

The fight.

Him following me.

The crash.

And, Blackness.

"Hello?" I croaked. Before I could blink again Adi was squeezing the life out of me. When she pulled away her eyes were red and puffy. The next thing I saw was my mom she came and gave me a hug too, but not nearly as hard.

"Im gonna go get the others." Adi said with a huge grin on her face and left the room in a hurry.

"How long have I been out?" I had a little bit of a headache.

"about 2 1/2 days. Nikki I was so scared you were never gonna wake up." She says as a tear rolls down her cheek.

As much as my mom can annoy me, I tear up because she is crying. "Mom stop crying, im fine... Or at least awake."

She laughs a little through her tears. Then Adi comes in with Lola, Ashton, Calum, and Michael.

"Nikki your finally awake!" Thats all Lola was able to shriek before she too pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. The three boys hugged me too, but not nearly as hard as Adi or Lola. After a few minutes of talking, the doctor came in and he ran a few tests and was back soon.

"the tests results show a minor concussion, no brain damage; and you also have a badly sprained ankle that we will have to cast." The doctor reported. "we will still have to keep you a few more days to make sure you are healing up correctly."

"Ok, uh how long will I have this headache?" I ask him

"It will go in and out. But it should be completely gone in the next 36 hours. Any other questions?" He said. I shook my head and he left the room.

"Hey, sweetie should we leave, I mean, you've gotta be tired." My mom said looking very concerned.

"I have been sleeping for over two days, there is no way I can still be tired." I say laughing a little.

"Ok well I'm gonna go, now that I know you are alright, I can actually get some rest." My mom replies getting up, giving me another hug, and exiting the room.

"So what has happened while I was gone?" I ask clearing my throat very loudly.

"Uh well, your crash was declared a hit and run, so no one was arrested, but we all knew who did it." Ashton reported, looking around at everyone.

"How's my Jeep?" I say, if Max damaged my baby, I will kill him

"It will need some repairs, but its not totaled," Ashton said. Thank God I was ready to kill him, not saying that I won't already.

"I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news, but you have missed a whole ton of homework." Cal said, placing a stack of papers next to me. I groan in anticipation of all the stuff I am going to do.

"Oh we got you this," Mickey said, leaving the room and then returning with the biggest stuffed bear I have ever seen, "its the biggest we could find."

"Yeah, well it is huge. You guys are so nice." I say grinning widely.

"Ok, well its 6:30, how 'bout we get some chinese takeout and bring it here?" Lola suggested.

"That sounds great! Sleeping for over 2 days makes you really hungry, and I'm pretty sure this hospital stuff won't be too good." I am so glad to have friends like this.

--------

The hospital has been holding me for 3 days so far, and it has been beyond boring. Adi, Lola and the boys have stopped by every day, and that's helped make this the least bit bearable. Doing homework sucks though. The doctors are hoping to realease me the day after tommorrow. Good, because I dont know how much longer I will be able to stand this place. Soon I have a visitor, Lola and............Luke?

"Hey girl, whats up?" Lola askes coming to sit on the edge of my bed. Luke just kinda leans against the wall awkwardly.

"Nothing. And I really mean, absolutely. nothing." They both chuckle at my comment. Ya know, they kinda are alike.

"Well we brought pizza" Luke cut in putting the box down on a table next to my bed.

"Yay. People always talk about how bad hosptal food is, and believe me, they arent exaggerating." I say stuffing my face. What did I care that they saw me, one was one of my best friends, the other, I dont even know what to think about him. I guess I am suppose to hate him? But he hasnt really done anything wrong. If anything, he has in fact helped me. It was just Max. Just then Lola excused herself to go to the bathroom down the hall. Leaving Luke and I. Alone. You could cut the tension with a knife.

"Uh, so does Max still want to kill me?" I ask kinda awkwardly

"Not really, I mean he still hates you. But you being absent from school for a week has cooled him down some." Luke replies.

"oh, ok" I reply nodding my head. There it is again. Silence. We are really good at this aren't we. I take another bite of my pizza. Could Lola take any longer?

"How long you going to have that cast on for?" Luke inquires breaking the silence

"2 more weeks, then they will run a few more tests, and an x-ray to determine if I still need the cast."

"I broke my wrist once." Luke kept the conversation going.

"oh really, how'd you manage to do that?" I say slightly amused

"Uh, I didnt know how to skate board as well as I thought I did." He says with a chuckle looking at the ground and rubbing the back of his neck. Lola walked in, and hung up the phone she was apparently on.

"Luke we have to go now, I'm so sorry Nikki." Lola looks apologetically at me

"Nah thats fine, my mum will probably be over later anyway."

"Ok girl, well I luv ya, and I will see you tomorrow." Lola says and leaves.

"uh bye." Luke says and follow Lola.

"bye."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Are you guys liking the story? Cuz I really dont know...

xx

Noelle