Chapter 43

Chapter 43

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Nicola, please eat something." My dad pleaded. I just shook my head. "You have barely eaten in the past two days."

"Because I haven't been hungry." I simply say. I haven't been trying to starve myself, I just haven't been hungry.

"Look, I know you are sad that she died, but it's not your fault."

"But it is!" Tears start to well in my eyes just from thinking about it, "I was arguing with her about her new boyfriend and she wasn't paying any attention to the road and so we ran off of it." I can't count how many times my voice broke.

"Shhhh, it's okay."

"Ya wanna know what the worst part of it all is?" I swallow hard, "the last thing she said to me was 'can't you just let me be happy?' and now she is dead dad! I didn't get to say I love you. I didn't get to say goodbye. And now she is gone forever."

He didn't reply, I don't think he knew how.

I got up from the kitchen table where we were sitting and walked into my room, falling face-first onto my bed and continued to cry until I'm sure all the water had left my body.

Soon I slipped into sleep void of anything.

--

I woke up later not feeling particularly refreshed. I tried to get up but was restrained by two warm and muscular arms. It must be Luke. And for the first time in days a smile broke through stone facade.

I tried to pull away but the arms were like iron. I turned around to face him and find a smirk already on his face.

"Luuuuke let me goooo." He just bites his lip, trying and failing to hide his smile. "I know your not asleep." He then started to snore dramatically. This only causing me to giggle.

Jeez the effect this boy has on me is almost scary.

"Please would you be ever so kind to let me go Lucas?"

"Please would you be ever so kind to stay Nicola?"

I glared at him even though he couldn't see me through his closed eyes.

"No." I muttered

"I'm sorry, you have no choice in this matter Ms. Crawley. You are now my hostage." He squished me onto his chest, draped one of his legs over mine, I was now fully enveloped by warmth. I tried to hide more giggles with a groan. "Oh please you love me, don't pretend you don't."

"Well you make it awfully hard Mr. Hemmings." He didn't respond except by burying he face in my neck and kissing it lightly.

We stayed like that for at least five minutes, if not more, just enjoying each other's company.

"Babe?"

"Hmmm" I hummed, I had started to drift off again.

"Ya wanna go on a date with me?" Why did he sound almost nervous?

"I would love too. Where are you taking me?"

"That is for me to know and you to find out." A smug grin once again adorning his face.

"So first you hold me hostage and now you are keeping things from me? The future of this relationship is not looking very promising." I teased

"Fine. You can leave." He said, untangling himself from me pouting all the while, before he turned around so his back was facing me. I playfully rolled my eyes at his childishness.

"Lu-uke."

"What."

"I love youu."

"No you don't." He crossed his arms. I began kissing up his neck to right under his jaw line.

"Yes I do." I quickly whispered in his ear before I jumped out of the warm confines if my bed and ran down stairs.

"No fair!" He yells from my room and I just laugh loudly.

I walk into the kitchen and see my dad sitting there on his phone. I completely forgot he was here.

"Hi dad!" I say, some of my cheerfulness still remaining.

"Hey kiddo. Why are you so happy?"

"Luke is funny." I say with a smile that might just occupy half of my face. He grins

"Ya I let him in and despite the tattoos he seems like a good guy." I stop moving and face my dad

"What did you say to him?"

"Oh, nothing unusual. Just the typical 'if your hurt my daughter you die' and stuff like that." I groan internally, "and I may have heard some of your conversation." This statement is barely audible.

"You WHAT?" unbelievable.

"Hey, he makes you laugh, and right now that's what you need."

"Yeah." I mutter. All the happiness now gone, again remembering my mom's passing.

Luke walks into the kitchen with a grin that immediately drops when he sees my expression.

"Nikki what's wrong?" I shake my head. He looks to my dad for some clue and he just nodds. Maybe it was part of their "conversation" earlier? He hugs me "Shhhh it's okay."

I just hug him back harder and let the tears dry on his t-shirt.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This chapter is so polar like wtf

Where can I buy myself a Luke Hemmings?

Anywho

Ya'll are all awesome and I hope you have (had) a wonderful day! ♡

Btw reading your comments is the best! Thanks for all the continued support! ! ♥♥♥♥♥♥

xx

Noelle