Chapter 49

Chapter 49

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This is like Becky all over again.

And God knows that I can't go through that again.

The conversations started out like...

"Nikki, she has changed, she really has."

"She really feels sorry Nik, just give her a chance."

"All she wants is to be friends again."

"She knows that Kendra is a bitch, please take her back."

And ended up as...

"Stop being so stubborn!"

"God Nik! Are you even human? Give her one chance!"

"You mess up all the time and we take you back! Do the same thing for her dammit!"

But then...

"Stop being such a bitch!" Mikey yelled at me. The rest of them were on his side, giving me almost hateful looks. None on my side. Luke and Rachel were hesitant at first, they wanted to believe me, but Kendra has taught Adi so well. Both of them were soon wrapped around her manicured fingers. But I couldn't be fooled.

"Ya know what?" I threw up my arms and let out and exasperated breath, "Screw you all, I'm leaving!" I walked right out of Calum's house and drove to mine. The looks on their faces were ones of surprise, they probably thought that I would never do that.

I then packed up a few things and took the first flight to Kentucky, USA.

This may seem irrational,  but Adi is literally all they talk about, and they constantly badger me. And I just can't take it anymore. I'll come back. Sometime.

And the worst part is, no one tried to stop me.

--

Ya know one time she even had the nerve to cry. In front of all of us she said that all the wanted was too have me back as a friend and that she missed what we had. Fake tears came down her face as she lied to everyone. And they all believed her. I had to almost physically stop myself from eye rolling at her immense load of bullshit that was protruding from her pie hole.

--

During the flight,  my phone was practically blowing up with messages. Every one wanted to know where I had gone. I answered only vaguely,  saying I just need to be away.

I felt a little bad for leaving Luke. He seemed to most frantic and the most persistent to know where I was. And if I was okay. He was told more than the others.

You don't know what you got until it's gone.

--

I had my dad's address, he gave it to me before he left Australia for God knows why. But I'm now glad he did.

I pull up to an unknown driveway and hope and pray that it is the right one. A car is parked in front of mine so someone must be home.

I walk up to the house without my duffel bag because that would be weird if it wasn't my dad.

"Hello?" A woman answers the door

"Oh I'm sorry I must have the wrong house." I turn around but then

"Nicola is that you?" My dad's voice comes from inside and in seconds he is standing by the door.

"Dad, who is she?" I say slightly annoyed and a little angry.

"Uh, Nicola meet my girlfriend Debbie. Debbie, Nicola." He says. I just shake my head back and forth.

"Unbelievable." I spit out and stalk from the front door back to my car I rented for the weekend I was planning to stay here.

"Wait! Nicola!" He comes after me. At least he cares.

"Mom died just over a month ago! And you have already moved on?? Was that whole speech about you loving her even when she didn't love you complete bullshit?" I am now beyond pissed. I came here to get away from my problem, not to find new ones.

"No, but... I just, well um..."

"Well what?"

"Okay fine the truth is I loved your mother too much.  I depended on her for so many thing even when she was here I could at least pretend she still loved me, that she may come back. You see I need someone else even if it isn't your mother. Although every day I wish it was. So please don't be mad at me for filling the gaping hole in my heart the only way I know how." I could hear the sadness in his voice. No one could fake that amount of pain.

All of my anger dissipated. His voice made my heart melt. I walked up to his and gave him a hug.

"I belive you dad, I won't be mad at you."

"Thank you. I can't bear to loose the only thing I have left. You." His voice came out as a whisper.

"I'm not going to leave you dad. I love you."

"I love you too sweetie. Now come inside and tell me why you are here." We went back inside and he made me hot chocolate.

"My friends are assholes and that's why I am here."

"How so?"

And then my rant started. He knew Adi when she was my best friend, but he didn't know what she had turned into. But he just sat and listened, and he believed me. Even though no one else did, he believed me.

"Wow. So how long do you want to stay? My house is your house so stay here as long as you want."

"Well, we have a four day weekend so I just need to be back Monday night." It was currently Saturday morning, the flight was so long.

"Wait you want to go back for school?"

"it's senior year so I might as well try."

"Wow, so you are finally being responsible for once. It's a miracle!"

I glared at him but I really was happy that we could tease each other agian.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

GUYS I HAVE 100K READS THANK YOU ALL SOOOOOOO SOOOOOOO MUCH I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH ♡♡♡♡

YayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayA

:D

xx

Noelle