Chapter 67

Chapter 67

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

She shook her head vigorously. Nearly a month later and she still wouldn't. And I can't really blame her, I never told people what Justin did to me. She looks much worse that what I did. I'm not sure if I really want to know. But I do want to help her. I know that.

She has also been very wary of all boys. I couldn't even leave the room when it was just the guys without coming with me. She wouldn't let Calum get near her. When before, they were inseparable when they were in the same room.

"Please-"

"No." She forcefully stated. "I c-cant."

"Okay. Maybe someday?" She just stares into my eyes. Neither a yes, nor a no.

The doorbell goes off, signaling the boys arival.

"C'mon, the guys are here." She followed me reluctantly. "At least seem happy, besides haven't you been waiting for the movie for months?"

All she does is shrugs. I know she feels uncomfortable around the guys, but around them is really only where I feel safe. As much as I wish I could, I know there is no way I could defend myself. He is just so much bigger and stronger. Self defense might help, but I'm not sure how much.

I get in the front seat with Luke who is driving, and Rachel climbs in the back not making eye contact with anyone.

"So he hasn't checked in anywhere, or at least at the four I checked." Luke quietly reported. Ever since we rescued Rachel, Luke has been going around surrounding hospitals to see where Justin is. Also, if he goes to a hospital there is a greater chance he will get Luke arrested for assault. But then again, he would rather retaliate on his own terms.

--

We got back from the movie and somehow Rachel looked worse. And when we got home she just remained in the same state. Which was unusual, as she relaxes around me. And like normal, she didn't tell me anything.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom." She mutters. I pause the movie we were watching and get on my phone.

A while later and Rachel still hasn't returned. I get up to see of she is maybe in the kitchen making something. I passed the bathroom door to hear a choked sob. I stop and hear it again.

"Rachel are you okay? Let me in." I say and knock on the door. The sobbing only continues.

"He was... th-there you know." I make out through her sobs and the door still separating us.

"He didn't... do anything did he?"

"Course not. I only saw him. But he was stating at us. He is going to find us. A-And, what will he do then?" She has stopped her sobbing but the door is still locked and she sounds so scared.

"I don't know Rachel. I just don't know."

And the door opens, revealing a girl with messed up hair, bloodshot eyes, and a haunted expression.

"We're gonna be just fine."

"How can you be so sure?" She looks up at me and when I look back all I see is a scared puppy, a deer in the headlights. Frightened, helpless, scared, surprised in the worst kind of way.

"Well I can't."

And that only let the flood gates open once again. Before I know it the front of my shirt is tear-stained. And then the petrified girl fell limp in my arms, fast asleep. And I hope to God her dreams are better than this hell of a reality.

I lay her down and she doesn't even stir. Her seemingly comatose state relaxed me, no stress was evident on her features, no sad or worried frown, but a calm expression was worn.

And what's sad it's that's the best I've seen her in the last month and a half.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Rly rly short, rly rly sorry. But early?

But I wanted to update 'cause..

A while ago I published the first chapter of this book. I didn't think this was going to get off the ground but I published it because I love to write. At first, it didn't go anywhere. But here I am, with 300k reads and a hella lota editing to do.

Really though, thank you to every single person who clicked on my first chapter and kept on reading. I honestly do appreciate every single vote and comment. I am so happy that I could take something that I enjoy and turn it into something you enjoy. I love you all.

xx
Noelle