Chapter 72

Chapter 72

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The couple weeks in South America had flown by and tonight was the boy's first show on the WWA tour. I barely slept last night and am almost more nervous than them.

It's cloudy and pretty dreary today as per the usual norm as I have learned. I decided to take a early morning walk because staring at the ceiling was getting pretty boring.

The change in hemispheres brought us from early winter to early spring, not that the weather has been much better. In fact, it was worse.

But despite the weather, being in Ireland is pretty cool. I've always wanted to go. I had a neighbor who was from here and she was so pale it was kinda scary. And that near translucent skin is everywhere here. But no one can blame them, the sun doesn't make frequent appearances.

I make it back to the hotel about seven o'clock and as soon as I enter my room a stressed and panicking Rachel is looking straight at me.

"Nikki! Where have you been? I was near ready to report you as missing! You left your phone here and we searched through the entire hotel please don't ever ever go off without notifying me, or one of us." She rambles while simultaneously squeezing the last bit of air from my lungs. I looked around behind her and there stood nine boys, eyes drooping from sleepiness.

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again I just couldn't sleep so I figured I would walk around for a bit." I explained after she let me go, "I'm sorry for having all of you wake up to look for me."

"Oh it's fine, you know there's nothing I love better than being woken up at 6:30 by someone yelling." Michael grumbled, to which Ashton smacked the back of his head. Pretty hard, may I add, as Mikey cried out before muttering an apology and leaving the room. The other 8 filed out after him.

Luke was last and he stopped to kiss the top of my head.

"I'm so happy your back." That's all he said but his eyes gave away so much more. There were still traces of the extreme stress in them, even though they were greatly outweighed by the sheer relief that shone from his blue orbs. It's all he said, but not all that he meant.

The show that night phenomenal despite the rude awakening this morning. Besides being a little nervous at the beginning, the boys totally rocked out.

Show one: success

--

The next few weeks the shows only got better. We even flew up to Scotland, both bands played in BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend and the flew back to play a show that night. As soon as the second show's adrenaline rush has stopped, the boys dropped like flies.

The next three shows to be played are in London, England, capital of the United Kingdom.

The day we arrive is actually sunny, illuminating everything and giving this little world a happier feel. We arrive at the hotel and have a bit of down time before soundcheck.

I have just put my bags down and fallen face first onto the bed (that I didn't have to make) when there is a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I shout. I hear a faint chuckle from the other side of the door.

"Babe, these doors lock automatically." I hear Luke's voice on the other side. Did I really just? Yes, yes I did. Traveling really does make you brain dead. I get up, turn the handle of the door and pull it open slightly before running back to my bed. I feel the side across from me dip a few moments later and I struggle to keep myself out of the black hole that was created by the lanky Australian. I cracked one eye open to see the he is already full on staring at me. "Get up."

"But I'm asleep," I squeeze my eyes shut.

"Okay." The weight is suddenly gone. I start to turn and tell him to come back when instead of being pulled down, I am being lifted up, effortlessly.

"Luke! What're you doing?!" I nearly yell as I grab onto his neck to steady myself, not that I was even close to falling.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were asleep."

"You're not funny Lucas."

"Oh but I am." He pulled me up closer to him and kissed me all over my face. He pulls back and his stupid grin is met with my blank face.

"Put. Me. Down."

"Ya know I was actually thinking of carrying you all the way to the London Eye."

---

"Why is this line so loooong." The beautiful day is now feeling a bit warm and we stand for what feels like forever.

"You were so excited just a bit ago." Luke says laughing at my complaint.

"Well that was before I was so tired from standing."

"Well I can always carry you again." He says as he starts to bend down.

"No, no. Really I'm okay. I feel perfectly fine now." I put my hand in his shoulder to stop him.

"Ya sure?" He says looking up at me for once.

"Very."

We eventually get on the ferris wheel on steroids, and by that time I am on Luke's back.

"Do you wanna get down now?" He turns his head to look at me.

"No, I like the view from up here."

"Yeah I can't imagine how stuffy the air must be down at your height." His grin accompanies that statement which earns a light smack on the back of his head. He, of course, acts like it actually hurt and doesn't stop complaining until I apologize.

Reaching the top of the Eye causes everyone to go silent, in awe of the historic architecture at a birds-eye view.

And that was only the beginning of a great day in London.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

You all deserve a well over due explanation:

So as soon as I got back from the beach, I hit a huge creative block. I had no idea what to write where I wanted to go/what I wanted to do with these remaining chapters. And the extreme busyness that I was plunged into didn't give me any time to try and fix it.
And them my mental state took a nose dive and I just didn't feel good. I couldnt write and i just felt terrible. And it's not that I didn't want to write it's that I couldn't. I really did want to update for you guys, but I didn't have anything good for you. And all I want to give you guys is my best and I can't settle for less than that.

But now I feel better. I wrote the majority of this chapter in a single day which means we are back to mostly normal.

I am so sincerely sorry for the long long wait for this chapter. I hope you all loved it.

xx
Noelle