Chapter 41

Chapter 41

I would just like to apologize for the second half of the last chapter. It was a nothing filler because I had to make the chapter longer.

Anywho....

Enjoy!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The rest of the couple of weeks ended too soon and we were back home. The threat of school quickly approaching.

I cannot express how much I don't want to go back. The only, and I mean only, upside is that this will be my last year.

Don't you just hate those people who are actually excited to go back? "Well you get to see your friends!" And "this class is so much fun!" And "learning is fun!". I'm pretty sure no one has actually ever said the last one, but you get my point. I cannot stand those people.

Its like "So you want to go to school? Are you sure you're mentally stable?"

That thought process doesn't really have a point, but right now I'm just sitting (laying, whatever) on my bed, bored as bricks. I can feel school coming closer, and i feel like maybe I should do something in these last few days of summer, but then again, I don't really want to do anything. Ya feel me?

I could invite everyone over for a pool party? Or to watch movies? Go to the movies? We could get ice cream? Frozen yogurt? Last-minute concert? Going to the mall? Walking around town?

But all these thing took effort. And energy. Even thinking of doing those makes me tired.

Maybe I should go back to bed. But my stomach decided it needed food. Really? Because I'm still super comfy. No, still food.

I drag my body downstairs and get myself some cereal.

"Oh, you're finally up." My mom says as the comes into the kitchen and gets more coffee.

"That appears to be the case." I reply, earning a chuckle from her. I am so glad she doesn't take these could be rude comments badly.

"Do you have any plans for today?"

"Not that I know of, why?" I ask slightly confused by her question.

"Well I would like you to meet my.....uhm..." she cleared her throat, "one of my good friends."

"Okay..." that was weird. I left the kitchen extremely confused. Why is she so nervous? She never gets nervous.

"Get dressed we are meeting him in an hour!"

"Him?!?" My voice squeaked

"Yes sweetheart, I'm allowed to have guy friends too. Now shoo!" She said waving her hands, encouraging me up the stairs.

I change into dark jeans, a nice top and some boots. I added some makeup and somehow, that apparently took 45 minutes. Don't really know how, but it did. Oh who am I kidding, I pretended to model, and may or may not have taken selfies, and snapchats, and aimlessly scrolled through tumblr for twenty minutes. I'm not the only one, right?

"Nikki let's go-o!" Mom yelled up the stairs.

"Coming!" I say and walk down the stairs to meet her at the bottom, "do I have to go?" I ask.

"Yes."

"Bu-"

"No buts, you're coming."

I stay silent as we head to the car and drive off. We arrive at a Starbucks and walk in. My mom orders a Chai Latte and I get a White Chocolate Mocha. Our orders come and we walk over to an already occupied table. For a guy my mom's age he is pretty damn attractive.

"Hi Jake," she greets, "this is my daughter Nikki. Nikki this is Jake." He shakes my hand.

"So you are the famous Nikki? You are all your mom talks about." He says I blush and look over at my mom who is blushing also.

---

We are on our way home now and I actually like this guy. I swear my mom just kept giggling, she really likes him.

Wait.

Dad.

"Hey uh, mom?"

"Yes sweetheart?" She answers still smiling like an idiot.

"What about dad?" Her smile immediately faded, like it was never even there.

"Well, the distance between here and Kentucky is huge. And the time we have been separated has made me think over our relationship and it would never have never worked, so sent him divorce papers."

"What?!?!" My voice again squeaking for the second time today. "So just because dad is in London you decide to divorce him? What the hell?"

(A/N London, Kentucky. Its a real place)

"Language young lady! This was an ongoing problem, but we didn't tell you because you didn't need to know! And I finally found another man, and I am happy! Can't you just let's me be happy?" A tear ran down her cheek as our car ran off the road.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I was suppose to update a week ago, but school. Just school. But I will try to get the next chapter out in the next few days!

xx

Noelle