Chapter 26

Chapter 26

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After what seems like endless tests to make sure I am okay, they finally finish. I got a little confused on some things, but that's fine.

My mom has come to see me, to take me back after I am cleared for any brain problems or whatever.

The doctor came in after what felt like hours.

"Hello, your test results did actually pick up a slight concussion, and you have actually lost a bit of your memory."

"What do you mean? I thought I remembered everything."

"Where do you live, Nicola?"

"Virginia Beach, and I go to Harborside High, you can check." I look over at my mom, and she just looks stunned.

"Nicola, you actually live in Sydney, Australia, you moved there about a year ago. And you go to Norwest Christian."

"No no no no no. That-thats not possible. I remember talking about going there, but we never actually moved."

"Do you know why your dad isn't here?"

"I know he didn't come with us, but I don't know why." I said and then my mom interjected.

"We split up a few weeks ago, do you really not remember?"

"What? No. How, wait, what?"

"You have seemed to forget the past year of your life. You remember the past two days, but you don't remember anything past that for a year."

I just sit there in shock. I thought everything was fine.

Do I have a boyfriend? Who is my best friend? Worst enemies? What does my house look like? What happened with mom and dad? Who should I call? I don't know who the people I last texted are. Luke? Ash? Mikey? Cal? Rachel? Who are these people? I can't even picture them.

My mind is spinning at a million miles an hour.

"So what happens now? And how can I get my memory back?"

"There isn't a 100% chance you will get all of your memory back, but talking to your friends that you have made should help."

"Okay, can I leave now?"

"Yes you can. I'm sorry."

"Mmkay" is all I say. The doctor leaves and I just feel completely numb all over. I don't remember anything from the past year. What do I not know? I don't know.

Wow. Nikki, great. Just great...

---

A week later I am sitting in my room with Rachel. She is still trying to remember all she can about me. I called, well my mom called her and asked her to come over.

Rachel was shocked to say the least, and we have been spending, so far, the past three days going over everything we did.

She told me how I apparently have four other really good friends named Luke, Ashton, Calum and Michael. She said that they were my friends before she was. They were also in a band and they were currently on tour. She said that they would be back in October, when the tour ended.

She is in the middle of telling me about and showing pictures of these four boys when there is a knock at the door.

I go down to answer it, and Rachel follows, but keeps a little distance.

When I open the door I get enveloped in a huge bear hug by a extremely tall, tattooed, blonde kid, whom I have come to know is Luke.

"Nikki! I've missed you!" He says into my hair. I awkwardly hug back, because I don't remember him. But he obviously knows me. He pulls back, noticing my uncomfort.

"What's wrong?" He asks concern written all over his beautiful features. Rachel interjects behind us.

"She doesn't remember you." And just like that, his face falls.

"W-what? Nikki its me, Luke." I just shake my head. "What happened?"

"So I went to Hawaii, and I just got tapped lightly by a car, hit my head wrong, and now I apparently don't remember the past year of my life." I look down, unable to meet his gaze. "I don't remember anything of my life in Australia." A tear slips from my eye, only to be wiped away, by the boy who is still holding me.

"When did you get back?"

"Three days ago, and since then Rachel has been here telling be about what has happened while we have been friends. She said that you and I have been friends before she and I were. So what has this past year been for me?"

Rachel left us sometime and we sit in my family room.

He starts from my very first day at school and keeps going.

He tells me about our school, how I was not putting up with Max's antics and how that pissed him off. He told me about him then running me off the road.

He explains Kendra and how hateful she is and how we dumped her in my pool. He tells me about Adi and his twin Lola, and how they left me to join Kendra's squad.

And that's apparently when I began to really hang out with Ash, Cal, and Mikey.

It was kinda hard for him to explain how we met. He said that we never really had a formal introduction, we kinda just started to become friends over time. Since he was also best friend with Ash, Cal, and Mike.

He had taken me to an All Time Low concert.

Ya know, I am starting to remember some stuff....

"Didn't we get into some stupid fight before you left?" I ask, any details are very very blurry. I just remember how sad I was.

"Uh yeah.." he rubs the back of his neck nervously. Then he suddenly stops. "Wait you remember that?"

"Uh yeah. But its kinda a huge blur."

"Yeah, but you remembered something, and that's always a start."

"Yeah..." trail off

Wait.

I love this boy.

I remember how he makes me feel like I'm ten thousand feet off the ground. He makes me feel something indescribable.

This tattooed, pierced, boy makes me feel safe.

And he is all I need.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hi h hi hi hi hi

I haven't updated in ffffooooorrrrrreeeeeevvvvvvveeeeeeeerrrrr

REALLY REALLY SORRY

Love you guys, don't be mad, please, Hehe

I am gonna assume that you are enjoying this because I keep getting reads. Though I don't rlly know.

Oh and im at 4k now..... so that's a thing.....idk

¢}:

xx

Noelle