Chapter 40

Chapter 40

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"I'm sorry, who are you?"

When those words spilled from his lips my face fell and my heart shattered. Nononononononono this cant be happening. He has to remember, I cant live with him not beside me. He has to remember. But he doesn't remember. Why, Becky, why? Tears welled in my eyed, and his whole demeanor changed.

"No no Nikki don't cry, I was only kidding." He said. I froze for a split second felling relieved before I hit his chest and replied

"Not funny Lucas! That wasn't funny!" I was a little angry, but the joy if seeing him quickly conquered the anger. I again burst into tears, but these were happy tears. "I'm so happy to see you again." I whisper through the tears.

He engulfs me in his arms and kisses me all over my face. "I could never forget you. You mean to much to me."

--

After everything calmed down we went out for food. I hadn't let go of his hand the entire time. I won't let him go again.

"Nikki, will you please let go of me now?" Luke whined.

"Nuh uh." Was all I replied with. I felt like I was dragging along a puppy who wouldn't stop whining. (But a really cute puppy)

We arrived back at the beach house and just collapsed onto the several couches. We were all beat. So beat, in fact, no one bothered to turn on the tv.

--

I open my eyes and it's really dark. I sit up and look around for a clock. 3:24 am. Why does my neck and back hurt? I feel someone beside me and look to see my beautiful boyfriend. I find myself smiling. I guess we must've fallen asleep on the couches in the main room of the beach house.

I get up to get some water and notice on the couch next to me is Cal and Rach curled up together. Aww how cute. They would be a great couple. Just saying.

I walk into the kitchen and get a glass of water. I look out the window and see a clear sky with a bright shining moon. I don't think I have ever realized how beautiful it is.

I freeze when I hear the sound of creaking floor boards. Its coming closer and can't move. God, why did I have to get up? A huge figure appears and I nearly scream until he speaks.

"Hey babe, what are you doing up?"

"Luke! You scared me to death."

"Sorry. I woke up and you weren't there, so I had to come find you."

"That's sweet, but next time try not to freak me out as much."

"Okay." Is all he says. He comes over to me grabs my hand and pulls me with him back to bed so we can sleep again.

--

I get up later that morning still tired. And it looks like everyone else is too.

I drag my feet into the kitchen where the rest of the zombie-people are. I pour my self some cereal, and soon I am faced with an empty bowl.

"So..." I start and everyone turns to me, they all look as dead as I feel, "do you guys wanna do something today?" They all just stared at me with blank expression. "Or not, whatever."

I get up and put my bowl in the sink, walking out of the kitchen and onto the covered porch.

Such a beautiful paradise, why would anyone want to our time here?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Guysguysguysguysguysguys

I HIT 50K!!!!! Seriously, thank you all so much for reading, and continuing to read this story! All your comments and votes mean the world to me. Love ya! :*

In case any of y'all didn't get it, Luke didn't actually lose any of his memory, he was just screwing with Nikki.

xx

Noelle