Chapter 63

Chapter 63

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

(Holly's POV)

I am pulled from my world of music by a furious knocking on my apartment door.

"Nikki?" I see her when I open the door, a frantic look in her eyes.

"Help, Holly! He's coming for me!" She looked so scared.

"Who's coming?"

"Justin, he-he found me and then when I wouldn't let him in he just stayed and he didn't leave for hours but then he did and I came here and when he goes back and doesn't see my car he may come here and then we will have to go because you know what he can-" I cut off her spastic speech

"Okay Nikki I get it, calm down and then we can get you an early flight, good?" I said calmly even though I, too, was freaking out on the inside. If Justin go to her again, I don't know what would happen. And I don't want to know either.

"Ohmygod Ohmygod Ohmygod" she all but chants as she paces back and forth in my kitchen as I quickly gather what I need.

She looks distraught, her eyes red from crying, her breathing ragged. I can tell she has had at least one panic attack because of how stiff she seems and how she can't seem to find a proper breathing pattern.

"I'm rushing Niks, we will be out of her in no-"

"NIKKI I KNOW YOU'RE HERE!" his voice booms through my small apartment.

Nikki stops moving, breathing. She just freezes. His footsteps come closer and soon his figure appears in the doorway.

"RUN!" I scream and that seems to wake her up as she bolts away, around to the door another way. Justin glances to me for a brief second and snarled before rushing down the hall. I chase after him and grab on to his arm.

I somehow manage to spin him around to face me. Over his shoulder I see Nikki standing in the front entry way, half way out side.

"I said run!" I shout at her and she turns before a fist collides with my cheek.

I fall to the ground and hear a scream before I black out completely.

(Nikki's POV)

I hear a scream from her as I am running down the hallway of her apartment building, towards the glass doors of the building. I want to turn around to help her but I can't.

I see Justin emerge from the building as I am pulling out of the parking spot. This only causes me to move faster.

I speed down the road that leads to the airport. The check in for the rental car is short and soon I am waiting for my flight that is boarding any minute.

I know he is coming for me, it's just a matter of will he get here on time. I glance to where he would be coming from for the at least 30th time in the past minute. I wish I could say he won't do anything since we are in public, but he is surely infuriated by now and won't care or give second though to where we are.

"Now boarding flight 514 for Sydney, Australia."

I get on fairly quickly and sit in my seat in the way back trying to look invisible. If he did get this flight, maybe he will think it's the wrong one if he can't find me.

The plane isn't too full, but there are two people boxing me out from the isle. I stare at the front of the plane, my knee nervously bouncing, praying that he doesn't make an appearance.

But all hope is gone, along with the blood from my face, when I spot him.

He finds my frightened face and a smirk played across his. He sits in an aisle seat near the front.

This is very very bad.

---

The plane has landed. Most of the passengers are safely off. But will I be able to join them?

I have no one on the other side of the gate. No one who can keep him off of me.

A wave of dread and the stress of the impending disaster come over me. But I have to get off of this plane, I just can't stay forever.

"Uh, miss," a flight attendant approached me, "would you like some help with your bags?"

"Yes, actually." I say. I can tell she was in no way expecting that answer. But her smile only faltered for a split second before she was opening the overhead compartment and pulling out the only bag left.

Together we walked down the aisle and as we passed Justin I didn't make eye contact even though I could feel his eyes burning into the back of my head.

"Here ya go! Have a wonderful day!" She said and left me at the end of that weird hallway thing that connects the plane to the building.

"Thank you so much, you too!" I return her smile. I grab onto the handle of my bag and hurry my way to costoms, passing fairly easily since I am now an Australian citizen.

I begin walking again after I recollected myself, but my elbow gets yanked back and a sickly voice whispers in my ear

"You can't run from me like that, princess." I keep back a sob and try to pull away but it's no use. He must weigh at least twice as much as me, and his barely six foot frame seems taller now. And I feel helpless.

"Luke!" I desperately cry as my last attempt to maybe get away from my attacker. His dragging of me suddenly stops.

"Hands off the girl, mate." The familiar and comforting voice is like music to my ears. Justin's grip still feels like a vice though.

"And who are you to tell me that?" He challenges back. I lift my head to see the person whom I've missed more than anything. His eyes flick to mine and only seem to fill with more anger.

"Her boyfriend. Now let her go." His voice is filled with so much power it would make a puppy cower.

"Last time I checked she was mine." He says, only a slight stutter in his speech. The steel blue eyes turned to me, hurt behind the titanium cover. I shook my head staring at him, and he seemed to detect the pure fear and unbearable pain in my eyes.

"Bullshit." He coldly stated and punched Justin in the gut. He crumpled to the ground.

I stood there shocked, but was torn away from his pained figure by another tug on my arm. This one being much gentler, and giving me room to move.

"Let's go babe." My heart fluttered at the name and I let him pull me to the exit and out to his car.

The ride to my house was silent, but he did keep his fingers intertwined with mine. We pulled up outside my house and as soon as we had exited the car I attacked him, well, his mouth rather.

We broke to get inside of my house, not bothering with my bags.

"Don't ever leave me again." He whispers to my lips when he pulls back slightly.

"I don't think I could." I reply

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

That was a  long chapter.

(For you chilloutlrh)

Does anyone else love Paralyzed By Against The Current, or is it just me? (Ik it came out like months ago)

Yay hope you all enjoyed that! And if you didn't... sorry... (not really.. at all)

Thank you wonderful humans for everything!

xx
Noelle