Chapter 51

Chapter 51

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Nikki's POV

"What about him?"

"Are you sitting down?"

"I am now."

"He got into a car crash."

"What?" My voice cracked, "is-is he okay?"

"Well he was unconscious for a but until he slipped into a coma."

"Come again?"

"He is in a coma Nik."

"No no no no no no. This cannot be happening. You're kidding right? You're just mad at me for storming so you are tricking me? Well you got me." She was silent. "Please tell me you are kidding."

"You have no idea how much I wish I was."

I was just frozen in shock. I felt nothing. Correction: I felt my heart shatter. And then nothing.

All the oxygen left my body and my stomach hit the floor.

How did my throat become so dry? It's like a fucking desert in there.

"I-um.. I-uh.." my brain couldn't fit words together.

"I am so sorry." Her words barely registered. Is she speaking in a tunnel or something?

"I am.. uh... plane. Be there soon." Was all I could get out.

I ran up to my room for the weekend, my legs taking every other step. I throw everything haphazardly into my duffel bag and sprint back down stairs. My dad is waiting for me.

"What's wrong honey?" My dad's face full of concern.

"Uh, Luke.. uh, he well um got into a car crash and is in a uh coma." My voice even felt empty to me. I knew it was a wall. And that wall was gonna come down soon, and when it did, the flood gates are going to open.

"Do you need me to take you to the airport? "

"No, I think I got it. Besides I have to return my rental car anyway."

"Nonsense. I'll just have Debbie follow us in my car."

"Okay. Thank you." He smiled at me before grabbing my bag and taking it out to the car with him, Debbie and I close behind. She got into the car that I first saw when I pulled up. I gave dad the keys to the rental and he got into the driver's seat as I climbed into the passenger.

--

"Bye sweetheart, come back agian. And soon please, I've missed you."

"I will dad. Love you! See ya Debbie!" I called back as I entered the airport after returning my car.

Soo I was sitting by my gate after the semi complicated process of getting a new flight and canceling my old one.

My flight has been delayed due to crowded air space over the Sydney airport. And I am growing more anxious by the second. I glance at the clock for the 8th time this minute. The flight's new departure time is 1 pm. It's currently 12:53:37,38,39,40....

I stop staring at the clock to check a text.

R: are u flying yet

N: no, I will be soon though. Flight got delayed -_-

R: kay, when you get here call me

N: I will

"Flight 753 to Sydney, Australia now boarding."

I think I might have actually jumped out of my seat as I rushed to the flight attendant, gave her my ticket, and boarded the flight through that weird tunnel thingy.

---

The 19 hour flight felt longer coming back, and just as shitty.

I exited my gate feeling exhausted. I barely dozed on the flight, and my neck had a terrible ache in it. It was currently 8 am is beautiful Sydney and all I want to do is collapse.

I pull out my phone and call Rach so she can come pick me up.

"Hey Nikki! Ya landed?" She chirps in my ear.

"Yep, and that might be been the longest 19 hours of my life. I just was to pass out."

"Okay well I am already here, where are you?"

--

As soon as my head hit my pillow I was out. Like out out.

I woke up 6 hours later. I trudged down the stairs and walked into the kitchen. Rachel was still here, on her laptop doing something. She looked up and smiled wide before happily greeting me.

"Afternoon sleepy head!"

"You're not helping."

"Okay. But there are three grilled cheese sandwiches in the oven so they would stay warm, and two Monsters in the fridge. Eat up!"

"Thanks." I didn't really know how hungry I was until I stared eating, and then I just couldn't stop. And I wouldn't stop. "So, uh, how did this accident happen?"

"Well from what I have gathered, he was on his way to Lithgow to see if you were there and it was raining really hard so he couldn't see very well. He nearly hit the car in front of him, so he slammed the brakes, causing him to spin out into oncoming traffic. He hit his head really hard and blacked out almost instantly after the first car hit him."

I couldn't hold back the sobs that shook my body.

The wall came down..

He was looking for me, he wanted to find me.

I am the reason he crashed.

I went to America and now he is in a coma.

Was it worth it?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Too much snowwwww!!

Sorry this chapter is written so badly it's just school and stuff so yeah, it'll get better tho!

Like always love you all to pieces ♡♥♡

xx

Noelle