Chapter 68

Chapter 68

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Rachel's POV

I open my eyes and am met with a poster covered wall that is definitely not mine. I sit up quickly and after the room stops spinning I recognize this room to be Nik's. Don't really know how I got here, but on my list of stuff I don't know, that has the least priority.

I make my way down the stairs and see Nikki watching the TV. She must've heard me, as she paused it and looked back to greet me at the doorway.

Please don't ask about Justin. Please don't ask about Justin.

"How was your nap?"

"Okay I guess."

"So, uh, where did you see him?"

Nooo

"Just, outside the theater I guess." I mumble. I still don't want to talk about him. No matter what. Just the thought of him sends shivers up and down my spine, and not good kind.

"You know you can always talk to me right?" There she goes again.

I just stare back at her. It's not exactly that I don't want to tell someone, it's that I can't. Like I physically can't because I don't really remember what happened. And the things I do remember I sincerely wish I didn't.

The day it first happened I came home just like every other day. I called out to my parents but got no reply. I walked to my dad's office to see if they were in there. And they were. But with closed eyes and limp bodies. I screamed and ran over to their barely breathing bodies, their barely beating hearts.

I reached for my phone but it is knocked out of my hand and soon I too join it on the ground with a person standing over me, with a face I don't recognize.

Then, black.

When I came to everything was blurry and the room was swirling around me. The same man was over of me, but I'm numb and couldn't feel anything. And then I fell back into nothingness.

When I woke up I was aching all over and I could feel bruises that had formed and collected on my hips and arms.

My head was still a foggy mess making it difficult to process what actually happened.

I looked around to find myself in a plain white room with nothing but a desk and the twin bed I was currently on. Both are also white.

I got up slowly to avoid tumbling to the ground and try to get out of wherever this is. But the door was locked. My eyes scanned the room once again, but this time I spotted a small window in the corner.

I walked over to it, and found that this was only the first floor. So I dropped down and ran.

But that didn't stop him from repeating that horrible cycle. When my mind actually put all the pieces together I started to try resisting him, but that only prompted him to fill my system with more drugs.

Again and again this happened, but he said if I told anyone he would kill my parents. That was sufficient enough for me to keep my mouth shut.

And ever since then I've felt as if my soul is being chipped away and very soon I'll be just an empty shell.

I already feel empty
There is nothing in my core
A heart beating aimless
Unlike it has before

"Rachel? Are you okay?" Nikki's voice pulled me out of my thoughts, her face replacing the images that had consumed my mind.

"How?" My voice croaks

"How what?" Her concerned face morphed into a confused one.

"How did you ever like him?" Her face softens and her eyes glaze over, a small smile barely breaking through.

"He was a great person once upon a time, believe it or not. I fell for his tricks, I believed I could change him, I believed he might go back to the sweet person I once knew. But he just got worse. It was a bit of a sigh of relief when I moved here. But then I went back, I ran into him, and he followed me here. And now he got you. And it's my fault."

"Don't say that." I try to argue, but I know it's pointless.

"But it's true," she said. "He threatened to kill your parents right?" I flinch, "Exactly what he did to me."

"What can we do about it?"

"I don't know, but how 'bout you stay here tonight, I'll get the boys over here. He won't come near us with them around." I shook my head.

"If I don't go home, they might die." And they are all I have to live for. Without them I might as well die. But I can't say that.

"Please stay here."

I shook my head.

"I'm gonna go now."

"Okay. But please be safe." She says pathetically, she knows that's not possible. But she does care.

---

I arrive at the house I now dread. The entire inside is dark. Not a light on, all the curtains drawn. I enter the house and flip on the light in the family room.

And sitting there, on the other side of the room, flipping a bloody knife in his hand, is Justin.

"So you know what I said about not killing your parents?"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Everybody is dying ffs what is wrong with me?

Some people really don't like my story. And they feel the need to leave their feelings in the comments. And then I feel the need to laugh at them because they think their so smart and know exactly what they are talking about. When really, they have no idea.

Some people, however, are amazingly wonderful and say the sweetest things. I love you guys ♥♥♥♥

Cool cool, this is late. Sorry.

xx
Noelle