Chapter 77

Chapter 77

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It's only a mild 91°F and about as humid as hades outside in the Texan summer. The sun beating down made the decision to go out a unanimous no. An even more resounding yes to the decision of keeping the windows closed and the A.C. on high.

"Why is it so hooot here?" Aston groans, him and the other boys sprawled out across on the four beds of a pair of adjoining rooms. The remaining three grunt in agreement.

"You do know there is an indoor pool downstairs." Rachel muses while boredly scrolling through her laptop.

"A what?" The four band mates say in sync, all jumping up from the previous lounging positions.

"Yeah! It's on the main floor, just like in every other hotel." She sarcastically stated. All the boys jumped from their beds, and before Rachel could get out one more snide comment, the door was slamming shut.

"We should probably get down their also, ya know, before they break anything too valuable." I say and exit the boys connected rooms and enter the one I share with Rachel. We both quickly change into our swimsuits and rush to the pool where the boys have plunged themselves o the cool water. We weren't the only ones who has decided to refresh in the clear water, there was another whole group of boys who were splashing at each other. Rachel and I decided to keep to the outskirts of the room, as to avoid being pulled in by one of the rambunctious boys.

"You guys gonna come in?" Ashton asked us, we looked at each other and then Rachel answered for the both of us.

"Maybe later." The four man-children all exchanged glances.

"Well that's just not gonna do," Calum muttered. They rose out of the pool, being the six feet giants they are, it wasn't exactly difficult. Rachel and I got up from the chairs we were reclining in, as the boys approached, the pool water dripping off of their skin.

"W-What are you guys doing?" Rachel voiced the question I dared not ask, afraid of what the answer might be. We backed up at the same slow rate they approached, all of them with the little devilish grins.

"I will kill you, I swear-" That was the last thing I said before I was scooped up and thrown into the crystal water, shrieks from Rachel echoing around us. We both resurfaced, mouths agape, not quite believing that the boys had the audacity to throw us in. I looks up at them for a second, their amused and smug faces staring down at is both.

I decided to torture the boys a bit and instead of giving them the satisfaction of pissing me off I just simply swam to the side of the pool and got out. Rachel was close behind me and as we began to strip of our soaked clothes so we were just in our bathing suits.

"Um, what are we doing?" She asked, completely unaware of what I was doing.

"Not giving them what they want."

"And.... that is?"

"They want us to blow up, so that's exactly what I'm not going to do." Rachel nodded her head and winked understanding just what I was doing. We had finished, and now we're slowly making our way to the steps leading into the shallow end of the pool. The boys following us like lost puppies, but also scared of what we were doing. Or of what we weren't doing, rather. I swayed my hips slightly as the water enveloped my lower half, just to further confuse them.

"Uh, Nikki, why aren't you mad?" Luke's voice came out timidly, as if he was scared of the reply.

"What is there to be mad about?" I drew small circular patterns in the water before looking up at him with an innocent look.