Chapter 64

Chapter 64

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I roll over only to hit a warm body next to me. I smile slightly at the sleeping boy and snuggled farther into his Metallica singlet.

He puts his arm fully around me and kisses the top of my head.

"Good morning beautiful." I just hummed in response not really wanting to wake up just yet. He tries to move me off of him, only causing me to bring myself closer to him. "Babe, I have to get up."

"Nooo stay with me."

"But I have to get to band practice."

"Well I guess then by all means please." I completely roll off of him and to the other side of the bed.

"Nikki, please don't do this again."

"Do what?"

"Getting mad at me for doing my job."

"That's not what it is though." He starts to draw shapes on my back, sending shivers down my spine and making it very hard for me to be upset with him. "It's that you said that I was keeping you from being happy, keeping you from what you wanted to do. So I did what I did because that is what would make you happy."

"You don't know how untrue that is."

"But you still said it."

"Yes but I was so stressed and so-"

"Angry? That still doesn't excuse that fact that you were still thinking it."

"I don't want to fight anymore." His voice cracked as he whispered. I turned around to face him, he liked me dead in the eyes as he continued, "I know what I said and it was stupid. I have regretted it ever since. Believe me I would go back and change it if I could. But I can't. I'm sorry. Please don't do that again. I hate the thought of you not being mine."

His eyes held so much honesty. He believed every single word he said. He loved me. At least I hope so.

"I hate it too Luke." I took his face in my hands and he closed his eyes as he leaned into them. I brought my face to his and connected our lips in a sweet embrace. We pulled away and our foreheads were pressed together.

"I love you." We said in unison. Both of our eyes shot open and the silence spread out and thickened.

But soon smiles cracked both of our faces and he took my face this time kissing all over my face before bringing his lips to mine. We pulled apart and I started pushing to the end of the bed.

"I've delayed you long enough, go do your thing, rockstar." I couldn't seem to wipe this cheesy smile off my face, but for now I don't really want to.

---

*Le next day*

Going back to school today for my last semester and I just want to be done. Christmas break was no where near long enough.

My car is also hot as hell in this Australian heat, and by the time the A/C is actually working, I'm already to the other version of hell. My school.

If I just become invisible can I escape all these assholes and their drama?

Well the answer is yes, but I can't be invisible so... I'm stuck.

5 months and then I'll be graduated and out of here. It's. so. far.

The day actually went by smoothly. Either I was able to avoid most people, or most people were avoiding me. But whichever way it was works for me.

I step into my quiet house. The silence used to freak me out, but it's just so normal now. Maybe I'll get a dog. Yeah that sounds nice. I'll get Luke to help me pick one this weekend or something.

--

I decide to go for a jog. I haven't done it in a while, but I used to all the time. The evening air isn't nearly as bad as it was in the afternoon.

I go away from Sydney as a change in scenery. My shuffled music lands on Empty Gold by Halsey. And soon I find my self lost in the music, and lost period.

This road that I have been on I have never scene before. And I don't know how I got there. I turn around, not only to find a way back, but a figure seems to be standing in the growing shadows up ahead.

I pick up my pace and remove my ear buds so I can hear everything. I turn down a street that I think looks familiar. I also look back. That figure was not just my imagination. I don't know how he caught up with me so fast, but now I am close to am full-out sprint.

I take a left and the road soon turns to a cul-de-sac, and the dark man once again is standing at the end.

This is not what I wanted when I went out running. It was supposed to be relaxing, but all I can hear now is my heart beat.

I turn left out of that street as hit a figure who was also running. I let out a scream before looking up to see Connor.

"Are you okay Nikki? You look half scared to death."

"Oh my God Connor!" I nearly shout as I jump off the ground and hug him. "There was something after me. He was at the end of the street."

I can feel Connor moving to look down the dark road.

"I don't see anything. Maybe it was just the shadows."

"I know what I saw." I grumbled

"Okay, well my house is just up here so let's walk to it and then I'll take you home, alright?"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

So I'm thinking maybe 10 more chapters? But then again I could be more but 10-15 is what I'm thinking.

Sorry that this was kinda all over the place, my brain couldn't think of anything.

And some sentences were worded very awkwardly, sorry...

Thank you for continuing to read my book, love you all!

xx
Noelle