Chapter 11

Chapter 11

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Nikki POV

So we are running towards my house and I dont really know how im gonna explain this to my mom, but I better come up with an excuse in the next thirty seconds because we are almost there.

I knock on the door and my mom answers.

"Why have you guys been running?" Is the first thing she asks. I hope this works.

"We are playing the most elaborate game of hide and seek. So if anyone comes looking for Luke or I, we are not here." I mange to say

"Okay sweetie, but I may still have to let them in." She replies giving me a wink and then walking off down the hall. And we go up to my room.

Luke's phone buzzes again. "They found the tree house empty. And now they are coming here." He says "please tell me we have somewhere to hide where they will literally never find us.

"Uh, let me think." I go through every room trying to think where we can hide.

"Think faster" Luke says

"Give me two seconds!" I say, panicking a little. And then i think of it. "Follow me." I say. We go to my closet.

"Ya know this will be like the first place they look."

"Not where we are hiding." I have a big walk-in closet with huge shelves on either side from floor to ceiling  and a clothes rack on the back wall. I pull out two huge comforters handing one to Luke. I then clear out the floors under the two shelves.

"Ok, go under there and put the comforter in front of you. Oh and turn off your phone so it doesnt make any noise." Just then the doorbell rings. Luke and I make eye contact and then we both get into our hiding places. I just get settled when i have to pee. Oh well, I'll just have to hold it.

No more than twenty seconds later i hear the closet door open. My breath hitches in my throat. I can hear them moving my rack of clothes, then they go back into my room and i can hear then moving things around.

"They aren't in here!" I hear Adi yells across the house.

"Ya sure?" Kendra's nauseating voice fills the air.

"Yes of course I'm sure!" Adi replies, annoyed that Kendra didn't believe her. Adiline hates it when people don't trust her.

"Well lets see. I'll text him. He was probably too stupid to turn it off... there we go,  sent." And silence. Whew. "Okay everyone go around the house and I'm gonna call him."

About a minute later everyone comes back and report only silence.

"Okay fine. Lets move on. They won't come back here for a while. Lets check in town. We will need too split up once we get there." Kendra really wants to find us. I hear them all say goodbye to my mom and the front door closes. I hear someone enter my room again.

"They are all gone." It was my mom. Phew, I nearly had a heart attack. I come out and tell Luke to also.

"Thanks mom." I say

"You're welcome. I think you guys are the last ones to be found." My mom says smiling and leaving the room.

"That was too close." Luke says, "Nice cover by the way." While fixing his hair in my mirror.

"thanks, I'm just glad it worked." I reply.

"Oh, and I have to tell you something." He says, looking down at the floor nervously. "We are kinda leaving for a Australian tour at the beginning of next year. And we will be gone for a month."

(A/N: yes this is wrong, and I'm making most of it up. Luv ya!!)

"Oh that's great! I'm so happy for you guys!" I say and jump up and give Luke a hug. He hesitates a moment and then hugs back. "So will you guys just miss a month of school?"

"yup! Well we have tutors going with us, but yeah." He replies. And then it hits me. Ill have no one for a month. A whole month. Whats worse is that school's two most popular kids hate me and I hate them. I slowly let go of Luke and go sit on my bed looking down a frown making its way across my face.

"Hey, whats wrong?" Luke asks worriedly.

"You guys will be gone. For a month. I wont have anyone. And- I'm sorry its not your problem." I say looking down.

"Hey, no, we are still your friends. And a month isn't that long you'll be fine." He says comfortingly rubbing my upper arms.

I really hope he's right.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

i really hope you love reading this as much as i love it!!!

thanks for all the reads and stuff ily!!!

xx

Noelle