Chapter 74

Chapter 74

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

People always say that one of their bucket list items is to travel the world with their best friends. But very rarely does anything come of that.

But the simple dream of others has become my reality.

True, I haven't been exploring like many people imagine themselves doing, but hitting major cities in Europe is more than I could've ever hoped for.

Stockholm, Copenhagen, Paris, Amsterdam, Milan, Düsseldorf, Berne, Turin, Barcelona, Madrid, Porto.... and then on to North America.

How the boys actually maintain energy throughout all the shows is another thing that astounds me. If I'm getting tired from all this traveling without playing shows almost every night. I can't imagine the exhaustion that the bands must be experiencing.

And the break between Europe and North America was welcomed with open arms and sleepy, half closed eyes.

---

I mean I have already learned this in school, but breaks really do never last very long. The two week break felt more like a couple days. Not that I can really accurately equate school to being in tour, because this is so much more fun.

The break had nothing interesting in it. Mostly sleeping and binge watching. And eating calories. So many calories.

We are finally again on my home continent. Not country yet, but almost.

Ya know, I've always thought of Canada being cold like all the time but August in Toronto is actually nice and warm. We get outside the air port and my sweater and jeans are getting pretty hot over here. We find the bus soon which will be our home for the next couple months and we, or I at least, am able to escape the burning sun. And believe me, the first thing I do is change into spandex and a tank top.

"Come to sound check with uuuus." Luke gently tugs by hand as I'm sitting in the back lounge on my phone.

"But then I'll have to change into real clothes. And that means I have to get up and do something productive. I don't want toooo." I pull my hand away and snuggle farther into the couch in the back lounge.

"You can just go like you are. And it's the first North American show. You have to go." I just glare at him. "You have to get out of vacation mode eventually."

"Says who?"

"Me, I just said it." He gives me a duh face. "Now let's go."

"Fine but you have to buy me coffee." I say getting up, a little too fast, for all my blood rushed to my head sending the room tumbling around my vision. I do regain my balance and begin to walk with Luke to the front of the bus.

"But it's like the middle of the afternoon!" I stop and raise a single eyebrow at him and he let's out a defeated sigh. "Why do you always get your way?"

"Because you looove me!"

"Less and less by the second." He mumbles, but loud enough so I could definitely hear it.

"Hey!" I smack the back of his head.

"I would say I'm sorry but-"

"LUCAS ROBERT-"

"Okay, okay, I'm kidding." He says and laughs, kissing me on the cheek.

---

"Goodnight Torontoo!" Harry shouts. End of the second show here in Canada. Both days I could see how the break re-energized both of the bands. The break must've been nice but I can see how happy the boys are to be back where they belong.

Now onto the U S A

---

Land of the free and home of the brave. Six shows in and we are already down in Washington D.C. The two locations and five shows that were played in New England blurred by just like most of this tour. I can hardly believe we only have a few more months before this thing is over and then back to Australia. Not that going back is a particularly bad thing, but I never want touring and being on the road with the boys to end.

And only a couple more shows until we will be in Nashville, only a few hours away from London, Kentucky where I can see my dad. He sucks sometimes, but I still really love him.

Now we are all wandering around D.C., admiring the architecture and intricate designs engraved on the huge government buildings. We bought street hot dogs for lunch and found a shady place on the mall to sit.

(Informational A/N: for anyone who doesn't know, The National Mall in D.C. is a long open grassy area in between the National Monument and the Capitol Building.)

We then found our way to the National Monument. And obelisk reaching 555 feet into the air. We were all kind of in mini groups. Both Luke and I and Calum and Rachel were inseparable, so Michael and Ashton were off by themselves instead of being awkward 5th and 6th wheels.

"Don't look now but I think Cal and Rach are finally official." I say to Luke looking over at the two love birds.

"Yeah, I would say so." He agrees

"'Cmon guys we just ate lunch, you don't have to eat each other too!" Michael calls to Calum and Rachel and they pull apart, their faces becoming red, and not just from the sun.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey....

We are now actually down to our last chapters!! Like for real this time, I know I've said something like that before, but know I have a definiteish ending place and I know how I'm going to end it.

This was late again I know but, school. Thank you all for being so patient with me♥♥♥

xx
Noelle