Chapter 8

"Why were you in there?" I spoke bluntly.

  "Huh?" Sora answered almost immediately, leading me to believe she was at fault, or, in other words, she was this party's leader.

  She was around five-six with short black hair and eyes as blue as the sky. Her armor consisted of a skirt and a long-sleeved shirt with leather padding. Her armor was blue with white on the parts where leather wasn't.

  Her fair white skin made her look like a princess, which matched her figure. She was toned and had curves and edges in all the right places. Her breasts weren't anything to awe at, but that didn't matter to me.

  "Heh." I thought as I continued to stare. With her looks, if I had met her in a town, I would have assumed she belonged to royalty. However, her bow and quiver of arrows would have fixed that fast. She blushed softly and grabbed one arm with the other, covering her chest in the process.

  "Ah! I was staring too long!"

  "The cave. Why were you in there?" I repeated, attempting to escape the situation.

  "...It was a quest given to us by some other adventures. They said they didn't want it. It seemed suspicious, but we had to take it." She replied after a pause.

  "Why not get a quest from the quest board?"

  "Please tell me that's what it's called! I mean, the rest of this world seemed like a video game, so the names of things should be the same, right?"

  "Because all the easier ones were already taken. And we can't do any S-ranked quests. We're only ranked D as a party." She puffed her cheeks.

  "They are new!" How new, I didn't know. If D rank was the lowest, then they were complete BAMBIES. But if it wasn't, they still had much to learn. Besides that, I was relieved to hear that this world worked like an MMORPG with its system.

  I blinked slowly several times before I spoke. "And so some random adventurers gave you this quest? Let me see the form for it." I reached my hand out, and she gave me the paper.

QUEST NAME: THE GOBLIN HORDE

There have been sightings of hordes of goblins coming in and out of the Wolf Rock Cave in the Grassy Plains, north of the Great Pendulin tree. Sources say that the goblins are reproducing at a high rate. This could be a danger to all adventurers, as hordes of goblins have been known to destroy villages and abduct women for their monstrous pleasures. The mayor of Nartuca Village, south of the cave, has requested a group of adventures to explore the cave and defeat all goblins by any means. Beware of other monsters, as not only goblins find their way into caves.

Reward: 1,000 Gold Coins.

EXP Reward: 1,000

Quest Rank: D

  I read over it several times. Something was strange about the quest form, but I didn't know what. So, I spent a little longer skimming over it. But the sun's heat was unbearable, and I started to sweat. I was about to give up, deciding nothing was wrong and it was just my imagination, when a bead of sweat dripped onto the paper and landed on the quest rank.

  "Hm?" I looked at it as the ink dissolved off of the D. It wasn't black ink dissolving. It was white ink, ink that matched the paper color. The quest they thought was a D rank had been a B rank. "Huh..."

  "What? What's that face for?" Sora asked as she snatched the quest form from me. "HUH!!"

  "Wh-What?" Rubellia asked.