Chapter 68

I had made it in time. I was grateful for that. If not for Flow, which allowed me to reach them in less than half the time, I was sure they would have died.

  "You're...You're alive!" Han cried out in relief.

  "What?" I raised an arm, catching the creature's fist as it came to slam down on us. The force of impact caused a gust of wind that ruffled my coat. "You actually thought I died?"

  "Of course we did!" Sora was still crying as she spoke. "No one has seen or heard from you in almost two months!"

  "Yeah, I guess we have a lot to talk about, don't we?" I said as I pulled Rei from her sheath and turned to face the creature. "But first," My yellow eyes glowed brightly. "I'm going to kill this thing."

  "Alone?" Rubellia asked.

  "Sort of," I replied.

  "Huh?"

  A quick use of Observe told me all I needed to know about the creature. It was known as a GiganApe, and it looked like a giant bipedal Orangutan from Earth.

  "Egh, you're ugly as hell." I sneered at the creature. "And you made them cry." I grit my teeth. "I won't forgive you for that!" It brought its other fist down on me, but I zipped around its arm, slicing it with Rei as I launched high into the air.

  It screeched in pain at the slices I left on it.

  "Pathetic," I snorted as it reached its other arm out to grab me as I fell back down head first. I spun as I took my coat off and threw it into the air before flipping so my feet aimed toward the ground. "NIA!" I shouted.

  "NYA!" She returned to her normal form from within my coat and posed like a cat girl while I twirled around the GiganApe's arm. I kicked out my legs, and both feet connected with its jaw.

  At the same moment, Nia landed on the ground and ran at it, unleashing a flurry of fast and powerful punches into its gut. She, too, was a master in Martial Arts. However, as mine consisted mostly of kicks, hers was primarily punches.

  The beast swatted at her with its one good arm, and she jumped and twisted, landing on it and running up the entire length towards its face.

  "Kichirou!"

  "Got it!" I replied as I kicked off its jaw and backflipped so my feet faced away from the monster.

  ""NOW!!"" We exclaimed in sync as I kicked off the air with a ripple. My knee connected with one side of its jaw while her fist connected with the other. Its head was crushed and exploded in a fountain of blood.

  "EW! GROSS!" I shouted as I landed and started wiping the blood away, but it soon began to steam and evaporate. "Oh, right. I forgot it does that," I laughed sheepishly as I sheathed Rei.

  "Did you see!? Did you see!?" Nia wrapped her arm and tail around mine with an excited chirp. "We were in purrfect sync!" She trilled.

  "Hehe. We were, weren't we?" I rubbed my finger under my nose with a grin.

  "So then," she meowed with wide, hopeful eyes.

  "Yeah, yeah." She didn't need to finish the question as I scratched her ears.

  "Mmmm," she purred in delight. "This is why I love you."

  "Just for the pets?" I joked.

  "Just for the pets," she joked back.

  "Wow," I rolled my eyes as I pulled my hand away. "How could you use me like this?" I fake cried. "I thought what we had was special."

  "The only thing special about you is that you know to pet me without being told." She scoffed.