Chapter 100

"BOOST!"  I shot to my feet, having felt fully rejuvenated.

  On top of my stats being doubled from being enraged, I had received a stat boost from Xion falling in love with me more. I also received a new quest to 'Do whatever you wish' to Xion, and the reward would be four thousand stat points. Of course, that was a quest I would have to wait to complete.

  "AH!" Xion let go of her skirt and grabbed her face. "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done that. You probably think I'm weird. I-I only did that because Kich-KYA!" She cried out as I grabbed and lifted her bridal style before kicking off into the air.

  The Serpentwing crashed down where we once stood, but it quickly coiled and turned to us before taking chase in the air. I kicked the air with a ripple just as it chomped at us and landed on the wall. I continued running on it as the Serpantwing flew above us.

  I looked up at the creature, and it looked down at me before closing in to attack. I zipped around its body and threw Xion into the air simultaneously. She cried out as I did so, but I had to do it regardless of her curses.

  The Serpentwings tail crashed into me again, and I was sent tumbling through the air. I adjusted myself with a few flips and twists before kicking the air and sending myself back to Xion, who I caught as she fell back down.

  "D-d-don't do that again!" She cried out as she clamped onto my coat collar. "Just...just hold me tight." She rested her head on my chest. "Please."

  "Yeah...I can't really fight this thing while holding you." I thought as I landed on the ground. We skidded a few feet, and I placed Xion down mid-slide before kicking back into the air.

  The Serpentwing chased after me, flying through the air like a snake swimming through water. It twisted and whipped its tail at me, but I zipped around it. Its body coiled and turned, ensnaring me in its grip.

  "NO!" Xion cried out as the Serpentwing tightened around me. "Mr. Rabbit!" It brought me closer to its face.

  Its eyes danced in a rainbow of colors. It was a beautiful and hypnotic dance that caused my mind to buzz as prophetic visions flashed in mine.

  I saw war— a horde of monsters approaching a city. Their numbers easily surpassed ten thousand, and leading the charge was a monster of which I, nor Bunny, had ever seen. I wasn't able to make it out, however. Its body was a thick, black cloud of Miasma, but its eyes gazed deeply into my soul.

  The monsters wreaked havoc on the land, and several hundred adventurers died in the battle. But their numbers were no match for the monsters. And even if they had, the creature leading the horde far surpassed any adventurer who dared challenge it. It wasn't long before the city fell.

  Years began to pass, and atop the ruined city, the monsters started to build one of their own. Its size grew, along with the monsters that lived there, and soon, it surpassed even the Raetia  Empire in size. Monsters of new breeds and strength were born within the city. And after a couple more years, they started a war against the Humans and other races.

  They stood no chance against them, and soon, all that was left...was monsters.

  "Thisssss isssss the ressssult of your meddling." The Serpentwing spoke to me telepathically. "An Evolved Monsssster Sssshould not be clearing the Dungeonssssss." Its grip on me tightened, and the world blurred as dark spots filled my vision. "Let alone a creature of lore."

  "The hell does that have to do with anything!?" I barked in thought. I didn't expect it to hear me.

  "The Dungeonssssss were created for a reassson." Its mouth opened, and its jaw dislocated as it opened wide in preparation to swallow me. "And I will not allow you to desssstroy what wassss meant to be."