Chapter 39

"Hello, Kichirou." A beautiful woman greeted me in the darkness that surrounded me. Her pink hair was short and rested just below her ears, and her small frame was very...lolita-ish

  "Who are you?" I asked as I looked around. The darkness expanded in every direction, with the only light shining down on her desk, which she was sitting behind. I, too, was sitting in a chair.

  "Yeah, about that..." Her eyes shifted to the side. "I'm the God that chose you."

  "God that chose me?" I repeated. I knew very well that I wasn't from Agarthia, and I had done my best to prevent others from finding out that truth. I also knew there was no chance a God chose me to be summoned there. If that were the case, I would have been gifted Mana and been made much stronger than I was. That said, there was only one possible explanation as to how she knew the truth. I was in a dream.

  "Yes. I'm the God of Love," she stood up from her chair and bowing elegantly.

  "Oh?"

  "God of Love, huh? It's one of these dreams."

  "I'd appreciate it if you didn't think such crude things with such a grotesque countenance." Her face twisted in repulsion.

  "Hm?" My eyes widened as I stared at her. 

  "Did she...hear my thoughts? But...this is my dream. I should be hearing hers." 

  "This isn't a dream," she started. "Well, it is, but not how you think. I'm real, and this is a dream I created to speak with you." 

  "....Okay?" I said. "So you're saying you chose me? What does that mean exactly? You chose me to have a dream with?" As I asked my questions, she stood from her chair and circled her desk toward me before bowing her head low.

  "I'm so sorry! Please forgive me!" Desperation was firm in her voice. I only wrinkled my face in confusion.

  "Huh?"

  "I didn't mean to pull you from your world to this one! I'm sorry!" She apologized again.

  "Eh? ...I thought you said you chose me." 

  "Haha," she laughed pathetically. "I did. But you see, there was a slight... mistake in the form."

  "A mistake?" I frowned.

  "Yeah, you see, when I was choosing the hero, his name was Kichiro Saikyo." As she spoke, she used her fingers to write the characters for his name, and little letters were left there by some sort of magic. "But I accidentally wrote your name, Kichirou Saiyaku," she wrote the characters out for my name.

  "...How? You added letters to a name that doesn't even sound the same! No, scratch that, the spelling language isn't even the same! And a mistake like that?! What kind of Goddess miss spells someone's name? What a useless Goddess."

"ACK!! Don't look at me like that! I'm not stupid! Gahhh! But Iren said the same thing!" The God of Love was in front of me, grabbing her head and shaking it as she threw a tantrum and cried.

  "Is this really a Goddess?" I thought as I watched her.

  "Ah-hem. Well, no matter," she readjusted the white dress that she was wearing and cleared her throat. "I just wanted to apologize, but I promise to send you back once the tournament ends."

  "Tournament?" I repeated.

  "You have much to catch up on," she sighed softly. 

  "Isn't it your fault for messing up in the first place? Don't complain and blame me."