Chapter 118

Han and I were silent for a moment, but I could sense tension between us. A tension we both shared, almost as if we had forgotten something and were stressing because of it.

  A dark, gloomy look came across Han's face as he looked at me. "Torappu." It was all he had to say for my face to match his.

  "We forgot to tell her we were leaving!" I panicked.

  "Are they really a her, or is it a he?" Han asked, a scheming smile on his face.

  "You wish she were a he," I smirked.

  "Do I? Or did you?" He leaned toward me slightly. "I saw that look on your face when you first saw them. You didn't care if it was a guy or girl, did you?"

  "Hey," I shrugged. "Cute is cute."

  "Am I cute?" He joked.

  "Nah, you're hot." I laughed softly. "Way hotter than me."

  "Kichichi!" He punched my shoulder softly. "Shut up." He laughed, but his face soon went dark again. "Oh, man. But I feel bad for you."

  "Huh?" I titled my head.

  "Torappu is going to punish the hell out of you for not telling them we were leaving. Even more so for forgetting about them."

  "Meh," I waved a hand dismissively. "She'll be fine. It's not like she's going to kick us out of the guild or anything, even if that's common practice for other parties. We're special."

  "You're special," Han corrected. "Because you're her pet."

  "Shut it!" I barked.

  "Ohhhh," he acted scared. "The little dog has a loud bark."

  "I'll kill you!" I reached for him, but he swatted my hands away like a fly.

  "You gotta be stronger than that, Mr. Hero." He smiled. "You couldn't even get an attack off on me when we trained."

  "Tsk,' I clicked my tongue. "Just keep driving."

  "Already on it." He laughed in reply.

  "Bunny?" Nora nudging me woke me from my sleep. I grumbled groggily before raising my head to look at her.

  "What is it, Nora?" I asked, my ears flattened against my head and my eyes half open. "I'm trying to sleep."

  "I heard something in the forest." She cowered against my flank. 

  "It's probably another animal," I mumbled as I lowered myself and closed my eyes again. "Just go to-"

  "Bun~nyyyy." Nana's voice echoed in my head, and my body stiffened as I straightened myself. "I se~e you."

  My ears flattened against my head as I looked fearfully at Nora. "What?" She asked. "What is it?"

  I shook in fear as I replied. "It's Nana."

  Nora's eyes opened wide. "You said you made sure you weren't followed." She pressed closer to me.

  "I wasn't," I replied.

  "Then how did she find us?"

  "I can always find you, Bunny." Nana giggled menacingly in my head.

  "Nana!" I pressed low to the ground. "I-I can expl-EEEK!" I squealed as she jumped out of the thicket into my side, pinning me to the ground with her paw.