Chapter 15

"Blackmail?" I repeated.

  "Yeah. She said you asked if you got customers for her shop, she would sleep with you! That's blackmail! Were you also vandalizing and robbing her store? You look like the kind of guy who'd do it." Sora sneered.

  "Yeah, those eyes. Egh. So dead. Like a rotting fish." Ruby gagged.

  "Hey, I've heard that before somewhere." I thought.

  "Were you planning on using your hero act to get us to fall for you and sleep with you?" Sora scoffed. "How revolting. You weren't even that impressive. You should humble yourself." One would assume that these insults would hurt my pride, dignity, or whatever the hell they called it, but that wasn't the case. It was nothing I wasn't used toPlus, it reminded me of some cheap, cliché anime or something. 

  "Why would I ever think either of you would fall for me?" I asked, my eyes glowing as I stared at them. "Hero act or not."

  That's right. This was my technique. My secret to escaping the wrath of the female, who I managed to upset: Self-depreciation. All I had to do was slander myself, or rather state obvious facts about myself aloud, admit the truth, and beat them to it.

  I hated that truth, but that was always the reality of it. The truth hurt. I wish I could have lied to myself and given myself false hope. But hope, any kind, would lead to self-destruction in the end. I had discovered that in my time living on shitty Earth. The higher your expectations, the harder they fall and crush you with the weight of disappointment and failure.

  But what was the truth in this scenario? I'm sure you're wondering. It was simple. I stood no chance with any of the girls, even if I wanted to. I was an adult man trapped in a teenage boy's body who was from another world, couldn't use magic, and was also weak. That whole thing was a turn-off even for me.

  "It's obvious I stand no chance with any of you," I continued as I rested a hand on my hip and grabbed my bangs with a hand to cover my face slightly. I hated talking, and the fact I was meant they were all staring at me. "So you can stop whatever it is you three are doing."

  "Huh?"

  "What?"

  "What we're...doin'?"

  "Pretending to be interested in me. I hate that. I'm not an interesting guy, and I don't have a lot going for me; I know that." I frowned. "That's how I know you all are faking it. You're way out of my league. I'm weak, maybe half decent in looks, minus fifty points for my eyes, and I'm really bad at talking. But this entire time, all three of you have been acting way too into me, a guy at the bottom of the fish barrel."

  "Pretending?"

  "Faking it?"

  "Actin'?"

  "Damn, dude. What have you been through?" Han sighed as he crossed his arms. "Well, I guess it'll at least be fun to watch." He mumbled.

  "Hey! I heard that! What's that supposed to m-EEEK!" I squeaked as Lilith pressed her face closer to mine.

  "At least finish what you were sayin'." She blinked several times.

  "NGH! S-See. Th-This is what I was talking about. Stop pretending and doing all this-"

  "Finish what you were sayin', Kichi." Lilith smiled. It was no normal smile but a malicious one. "Please?" She begged as her face grew closer.

  Thump-Thump!

  "Damnit! You damned hormones!" I struggled to speak, and my mind twisted into a mess as she grabbed my collar, pulled me closer, and pressed herself against me. "BOI-OI-OING!" I ogled her chest as it pressed to mine.

  "Wh-What was I talking about?" I managed to stutter out.

  "Our promise. That if ya remembered, ya would'a what?" The sensation returned. The murderous intent, the hungry eyes of a predator stalking its prey.

  "I would have..." I wanted to turn my gaze. I wanted to stop the killer before they got to me, but I couldn't break eye contact with Lilith. It wasn't that I was in any sort of trance or frozen state, but more that I feared if I moved, she would do something I couldn't fight. But despite that fear, I knew I had to look away. "Never returned at all!" I finished as I shifted my gaze behind me.

  My vision couldn't focus before Lilith's hand grabbed me and forced my gaze back towards hers, but I had just managed to make out the shape of Sora and Ruby, which calmed me down. I didn't have to fear the assassins who lurked in the shadows because they would see them.

  "L-Lili-"

  "Shhh." She pressed a finger to my lips. "Don' talk."

  "AHHHHH! WHAT KIND OF SCENARIO IS THIS!" I felt like I was in some cliché rom-com, something that didn't fit me well at all. Plus, it was all wrong! She was too young!

  "B-But-" I went to push away.

  "Ah!" Lilith cut me off as she pulled me back with a strength I couldn't resist. "I said, don' talk. Close yer eyes."

  "Eh?"

  "Close yer eyes. I have'ta reward ya for helpin' save our shop, don' I?"

  "You do-" I was cut off as she pressed her hand over my eyes. Time seemed to slow as I sensed her growing closer. Her body heat, the shifting of her weight, her breath, her smell, they all grew closer until...they vanished.

  "NOOOOOO! WHAT ARE YA DOIN'!?" Lilith cried out as Sora and Ruby grabbed her by both arms and pulled her away.

  "I'm stopping you!" Sora exclaimed.

  "I won't lose to foul play!" Ruby added.

  "I don't know what the hell is going on with these three, but they play way too much." I thought as I sighed heavily. Girls couldn't just do that to random guys. They'd get the wrong idea, especially me.

  "You really are delusional," I muttered.