Chapter 106

"Finally!" I groaned as I removed the mask and put it in my inventory. "That was...something."

  "Indeed it was," Azrael commented. "You cleared a Dungeon and married an Elf."

  "It wasn't an actual Dungeon," I replied. "Though, I did marry an Elf." I grinned. "And more."

  "Much more. But enlighten me. What do you mean it wasn't an actual Dungeon?"

  "It was an Event Dungeon," I answered as I sat on the ground. "A Dungeon that would have vanished after a certain amount of time, or possibly if the story progressed too far."

  "....You're talking like this is a game. There is no story, Kichirou."

  "I know that," I frowned. "I just mean...whatever." I sighed. "Regardless..." I trailed off.

  The visions the Serpentwing had shown me. Would they come true? Was a city going to fall because I was clearing the Dungeons? If it were true, I wondered if it best I not clear any more of them.

  But the issue with that was that I wanted to. I wanted to clear the Dungeons, to be given the chance to fight stronger monsters. I knew it could put others in danger and was a risk. But it was one I was willing to take for my own selfish needs.

  That was why I had to be the Phantom Rabbit. Why HE had to clear the Dungeons and not me. The world needed a hero, a new one that wasn't chosen by the God's to defeat the Demon King, but one who rose up and showed the world what true power was, and that he would protect them all no matter the cost.

  The downfall to that lied in the fact that only one other Dungeon was known of. The others, if there were any, were still undiscovered. I wanted to find them. To set off on a journey and clear them, but I couldn't.

  That wasn't Kichirou's job. I was the Hero of Love, and I was supposed to fight the Demon King. Even though I was the host of him, the world didn't know that. I couldn't abandon my duties as a hero and search for the Dungeons, and I couldn't stay as the Phantom Rabbit to search for them because I would still be abandoning my duties as a hero.

  I hated it. I hated the promise Stavia had forced me into. If I lost in the Arena, I would be sent back to my world. If I neglected my duties as her hero, I would be punished for it. I was stuck.

  But the one thing I could do was see the other Dungeon, the one that was already known. I was sure my party wouldn't mind, as it would mean a break from the constant questing we always did and would allow us to travel. I wanted to do that regardless. I had only seen the Prostetian Kingdom and the Elden Provence, after all.

  Ruby had informed me before that the second Dungeon was in the Asmonia Kingdom, near the borders of the Trigon Empire. Asmonia was located far East of the Prostetian Kingdom, and it would be a journey that took several weeks. That would mean we would make several stops in towns and villages along the way, allowing us to see more of the world.

  It would also give me the opportunity to expand my influence as the Phantom Rabbit. The more who knew about him, the better. My reason for that was a simple one. If, by some chance, the truth about me found its way into the world, that I was an Evolved Monster, I would tell the world I was the Phantom Rabbit. They already trusted him, and he had stories that were told to kids. So, if I made him famous, then I would have an escape if I was ever discovered.

  I collected myself before rising to my feet and stretching my back out.

  "I suppose I should head back, huh?" I sighed.

  "Indeed. There is much for you to discuss with your harem, after all." Azrael chuckled.

  "Shut up," I grunted.